DAWN in Bermuda--Port or Starboard?

AFAMILY

We want to book for next year and would prefer to have a cabin that faces land for the view while docked at Kings Wharf.

When we docked in Bermuda at Kings Wharf last month, the portside of the ship faced land. We specifically chose a portside cabin for this reason since I recall reading on the boards that the Dawn usually docks facing North.

Now I see from the ships webcam that since our sailing it appears that the Dawn has been docking with her starboard side facing land most of the time. Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to this or is it hit or miss?

Thanks for your help.

We want to book for next year and would prefer to have a cabin that faces land for the view while docked at Kings Wharf.

When we docked in Bermuda at Kings Wharf last month, the portside of the ship faced land. We specifically chose a portside cabin for this reason since I recall reading on the boards that the Dawn usually docks facing North.

Now I see from the ships webcam that since our sailing it appears that the Dawn has been docking with her starboard side facing land most of the time. Does anyone know if there is any rhyme or reason to this or is it hit or miss?

Thanks for your help.

Its hit and miss. Most of the time its starboard in(so the ship can leave quicker) but there is no hard and fast rule as you have discovered. While I realize its a personal thing the view across the harbor isn't bad either....

Thanks for your help.

The side that the Dawn docks on changes because they dock based on weather, other ships coming or going, etc. There is no way to know which way it will face until you get there......;)

Thanks for your answers.

We went ahead and booked a portside cabin again. Same time, same place, for next year.

We used our Cruise Rewards Certificate for the deposit AND we paid a few hundred dollars less than this years cruise!

Happy cruisiing! :)

Archived