Sisal Hammock Chairs in Progreso?

zertywert

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a place in Progreso that i can buy a "hammock chair" made from sisal. I know that I can get one in Merida. I just bought the cotton ones last year, and I regret not getting one of better quality. My group does not want to go to Media this time; so, that option is out.

Thanks.

We saw lots of hammocks and hammock chairs at the open air market just as the free bus lets you off in Progreso. Not sure if there were any made of sisal though. But chances are, Progreso being in Yucatan, you can probably find one made from sisal. Worth asking when you get there.

Charlie. Good quality sisal hammocks are not cheap.

Uhhhh..... I understand that they are not really "Almost Free". I was referring to the ubiquitous term used by vendors in every Mexican port we have visited in the past few years.

Charlie

98Charlie - I got it and thought it was very funny. :D Point well taken, and I will try hard not to get "taken" LOL! I saw beautiful ones in Merida last year. I did not want to spend $80.00 or so at the time, but i really regret being cheap now.

98Charlie - I got it and thought it was very funny. :D Point well taken, and I will try hard not to get "taken" LOL! I saw beautiful ones in Merida last year. I did not want to spend $80.00 or so at the time, but i really regret being cheap now.

Hey,

"Sometimes the best investment is the one you don't make." - The Donald

And there's always next time. At least now you know the market and can probably haggle better. Maybe you can get one for "Almost Free";)

Charlie

Archived