Constellation Aft Balcony cabins with larger balconies

fruitygirl

I have all the info I need regarding cabins in the front of the ship that provide extra balcony area, however, hubby now suddenly prefers to cruise down the back of the ship. It is going to be a toss-up decision depending on whether there are any equivalent to the 16 larger balcony cabins at the back of the ship. Sorry ... I'm talking about Penthouse deck. Any suggestions? We are cruising on Ruby Princess in June 2009 and we have the minisuite E730 so are wondering if there are any of these types of balconies available. Hubby loves the sound of the wake and the fact that he can see straight across and at the back of the ship consecutively. Anyone out there who can help me out on this one?:confused:

On Penthouse Deck you're out of luck -- unless you book the penthouse. :D On other decks, all balconies on the back are larger than standard balconies. Corner units are the largest, but are an FV category.

On Penthouse Deck you're out of luck -- unless you book the penthouse. :D On other decks, all balconies on the back are larger than standard balconies. Corner units are the largest, but are an FV category.

Not so. There are at least 4 CC cabins on the Penthouse Deck with very large balconies.

Not so. There are at least 4 CC cabins on the Penthouse Deck with very large balconies.

On the milli class there are two big penthouse balcony's on the aft of the penthouse deck. NO CC's.

I think one of you is thinking about cabins facing the aft (Penthouse only no CC's) and the other is thinking about cabins towards the aft of the ship. There are CC's and small suites towards the aft of the ship on penthouse deck 6, but these face out from the sides, not towards the aft.

I have some pictures of the aft facing CC rooms (type on deck 7, 8 and 9) on my photo site here, here and here.

is the view everyone raves about in a

I think one of you is thinking about cabins facing the aft (Penthouse only no CC's) and the other is thinking about cabins towards the aft of the ship. There are CC's and small suites towards the aft of the ship on penthouse deck 6, but these face out from the sides, not towards the aft.

I have some pictures of the aft facing CC rooms (type on deck 7, 8 and 9) on my photo site here, here and here.

is the view everyone raves about in a

:confused: I took "down the back" as across the aft. But ....that was maybe the wrong assumption... my bad.:o

We were in cabin 8172 in 01/08. It was wonderful!! We spent a lot of our time on the balcony. We ate for several meals and snacks out there, we even sunbathed there instead of going to the pool and fighting for a good chair! We had a table w/ 2 chairs and 4 lounge chairs with plenty of room left over. We both said that on the next cruise if we can not get the aft cabin for some reason that we would not even consider a side balcony, yes it is that nice!!! We would just take an inside cabin until we could get the aft balcony! Book quick, I think they fill up fast!

We had cabin 7206 last year on the Connie "ultimate caribbean" and it was wonderful. We are booked in 7208 this year for the exact same cruise. I wouldn't care where it went as long as we had an aft cabin (I mean on the fantail, not just the end 1/3 of the ship). The Vista Deck directly overlooks the Owners Suites on the Penthouse deck. We visted often with the passengers on the deck below. Even passed libations back and forth via a pulley system my DH ingeniously rigged up. You don't have privacy at the very end of your balcony, but great for visiting and just standing a watching the wake. That view alone is worth waiting for. Always white and soothing. The 9000 deck is directly under the outside bar and is probably not the best, but would take if that was all that was left. We spent a great amount of time out there watching the water, playing cards and visiting with our neighbors. It is also on the same end as the dining room and the food court. We loved it (can't you tell). Kathryn

Hi Steve & Patrick

Depends on the cruise -- We just moved to the FV corner from a CC on the New England & Canada cruise 9/23/08 because they had them available on Celebrity web site -- Twice the stateroom size & 3+ times the vernada for $600 more. :)

Because of the economy, they are having problems filling ships, as final payment date comes. Notice the Sales offering OBC for a booking.

My TA claims for the pasted 2 months canceled cruise are more than new bookings. Most bookings now are for cruises way in the future.

Ray

Thanks to everyone that helped us arrive at this decision. I was totally shocked however, to find that this was the only cc aft cabin left for the 20 December Caribbean cruise ... we're talking 2009!

I am so looking forward to my two cruises next year. Anyone have photos of cabin 7203? They would be great to see.

Here's counting down the days........:p

Thanks to everyone that helped us arrive at this decision. I was totally shocked however, to find that this was the only cc aft cabin left for the 20 December Caribbean cruise ... we're talking 2009!

I am so looking forward to my two cruises next year. Anyone have photos of cabin 7203? They would be great to see.

Here's counting down the days........:p

There are photos of similar cabins at this website (remember all the "M" class ships have same cabins) Also remember yours isn't a FV aft, so do just "Aft" deck 7 has the biggest balconies too:D

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Thanks Napi's Mom,

I had a look at that website you suggested and it's great to be able to see the cabin details. I'm a bit worried about the bed ... it looks like it's really worn in and saggy in the centre of each - I like firm mattresses and am hoping that I don't wind up having problems with my back after 14 nights on it. Anyone else out there been on the ship recently? How are the beds?

Fruitygirl --

Easily solved -- as soon as you get into your cabin place a call to your cabin steward and request a bedboard or an egg-crate matress topper (or both!) to support your back. I think the egg crates go quickly so this is best done early.

Thanks Napi's Mom,

I had a look at that website you suggested and it's great to be able to see the cabin details. I'm a bit worried about the bed ... it looks like it's really worn in and saggy in the centre of each - I like firm mattresses and am hoping that I don't wind up having problems with my back after 14 nights on it. Anyone else out there been on the ship recently? How are the beds?

A lot of the photos are from the past. Soft goods (mattresses, bedding, etc.) have been changed out since those photos.

Don't worry about the bedding. I prefer a harder mattress, and I've never found any of the ships that dissapointed me yet.

Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge on this matter with me. I'll simply try out the mattress and see how it goes. If it happens to be too soft then I will definitely enquire about the egg crates/etc.

Cheers;)

Thanks guys for sharing your knowledge on this matter with me. I'll simply try out the mattress and see how it goes. If it happens to be too soft then I will definitely enquire about the egg crates/etc.

Cheers;)

Several of the newer postings of photos seem MUCH better looking mattresses, I surely hope so as my back is one of the reasons I asked for an accessible cabin. From week to week and day to day you never know how it will be. We've a firm pillow top at home and have added a topper to make it better (Finally didn't need to sleep in recliner anymore...after 15 min. of trying to do the bed...I was up again in recliner, or else the next day would be misery). Should ask right away I suppose. Can you do these requests before boarding???

Archived