For those of you who've recently cruised out of Galveston -

DukeFamily

We are leaving Saturday on board the Ecstasy. I've never before even thought of checking the weather forecasts before a cruise, but this time I did. PLEASE tell me it always says there's a "chance of rain" and that it is NOT going to pour down rain on our entire cruise! We're going to Cozumel & Progreso and it warns of chances of rain all the way from Galveston to Progreso and back. Wish I hadn't even looked! Now I'm feeling all anxious about it. I know no one can promise me it won't rain a drop - it usually does here and there - but can anyone ease my mind?! :o

I can guarantee it will not pour down your entire cruise, unless the cap'n decides to park under a tropical storm.

But, a few showers - yea, certainly possible...the Texas coast has had afternoon storms almost every day this week.

But it is a long way to Progresso - the weather has a dozen plus chances to change. One way of the other - it will be fine.

Usually AtSea it rarely rains (for us), they tend to steer around any squawls and such, keeps the drink tabs flowing up on the pool deck. And unless a wide tropical storm is about, offshore rain is less common than when the air meets the land. There is always a fair chance of an afternoon shower in Mexico. But enjoy it while it lasts, the steam that will settle in afterwards - is what gets on your nerves.

Don't let the duldrums of Galveston or any gray skies marr your startup attitude. You will wake up on Sunday I bet to great sunny skies out in open water.

Check out that aft deck on Atlantic for us, we are a month behind you.

Ok, here's what happened to us.....FOG:eek: When we got on the ship, it was beautiful:D, a little while later, before we were about to leave, the fog rolled in.....oh no, we said! But, about 2 hours later, we were on our way....no problems. There's no guarantee about the weather, I worried about it too. It rained just a little on us in Grand Cayman, but the rest of the cruise was great! Don't worry be happy!:D

There has been, for several weeks, a chance of rain at about 30% in Galveston. However, because of some coastal wind somethin'orother that the weather guy talks about, Galveston has this freakish force field over it. The storms pass over, but it never rains or the storms die off in the channel before it gets here.

Now since last Saturday we've had a few showers, but nothing long lived.

On my first cruise during one of the sea days we were sitting around the pool and it started raining. Everyone in the pool and on the deck ran for the indoor pool. I got in the outdoor pool. I figured I was getting wet anyway.

The cruise director got on the microphone and said it would pass rather quickly then called it "liquid sunshine".

Archived