Is there really a difference?

beachbride09

Just out of curiosity, is there any (significant or not) difference in price/savings if one books another cruise while on a cruise; rather than booking one now, or later?

I've read/heard that the rates are discounted is one books another cruise while on a cruise (and that you get that nice $100 OBC - after putting down the $250).

Anyone have any information/opinions?

Just out of curiosity, is there any (significant or not) difference in price/savings if one books another cruise while on a cruise; rather than booking one now, or later?

I've read/heard that the rates are discounted is one books another cruise while on a cruise (and that you get that nice $100 OBC - after putting down the $250).

You wont save anything on future cruise but you do get $100 ship credit on your bill

You dont really book a criuse it applys to your latatudes number for future booking within 1 year

The way I've heard it expressed is that if you were planning on a cruise already, and you have a tendency to stick with a specific cruiseline, then book it for the OBC. You can change your mind as far as selecting a different cruise later on and transfer the OBC. But don't book it onboard for any expected $$ savings...

Nancy

Was recently on the Dawn and signed up for the Cruise Rewards and asked the consultant if there was any advantage to booking a future cruise while on board (I had a date picked out and enjoyed my experience on the Dawn). She said no. It was almost as if she was less than willing to do a booking?

Was recently on the Dawn and signed up for the Cruise Rewards and asked the consultant if there was any advantage to booking a future cruise while on board (I had a date picked out and enjoyed my experience on the Dawn). She said no. It was almost as if she was less than willing to do a booking?

i'm not sure the on board Latitudes consultant can actually book a cruise...or can they? i just never took the dive on the $250...knowing my luck i'll put it down and not be able to cruise in the next 2.5years.

this is one way to promote a loyal fanbase. you don't get any "discount" other than put $250 deposit, and get $100 OBC on the ship you are currently on.

it is my understanding, the ONLY benefit is that your $250 is considered your deposit, versus the typical $500 for 2 people (or more for a family) if you book a cruise well before the 60 day mark. 60 days or less to cruise you must pay the cruise in full.

that's the only benefit i see in addition to the get it now $100 OBC.

I believe that the staff on your cruise really does not want to book a future cruise. They very much want you to pay the $250 deposit (with immediate $100 OBC). And you will hear numerous announcements to that effect during your cruise. I was told by an on-board cruise consultant, "in the old days" they used to book future cruises on-board, but that process was often problematic and so they moved to the current practice of soliciting deposits rather than booking cruises.

But even if they could book a future cruise, that might not be in your best interest. The $250 deposit applies to any future cruise you book on your own, whether you book directly with NCL, or through a discount on-line travel agency. In my limited research, NCL has never offered the best pricing, but some peple still prefer to book with them for convenience, or whatever. Me I go with pricing :)

It's all a matter of how you look at it. I prefer to think of it as $100 off a future cruise. I get a $250 certificate which I'm really only charged $150 for ($100 credit), and then when I reserve my cruise I only have to use the certificate for the entire deposit, not $250 per person as normal. I love cruise rewards! :)

I liked that I recieved $200.00 OBC when I bought two Cruise Rewards and that I used one to reserve a cruise and didn't have to put $800.00 down for our Dawn cruise. The only "problem" with the Cruise Rewards is it's almost impossible not to find another cruise to take, whithin days of getting one :eek: . So far, the longest I've had one is a week and a half :) .

Archived