When Stateroom are assigned??

Jrabbit128

Hi everyone! I am going on my first Disney Cruise in February. We booked a Guaranteed Stateroom. I just want to know when does Disney let you know your room number. With Carnival, I never found out until I boarded the ship. With Royal Caribbean, once it was paid in full, I recieved the room number. Just curious as to when I can expect to find out.

If you keep an eye on your reservation on the Disney website, you will usually be able to see your room number a few weeks before you board. It will also be included on the paperwork you receive about 2 weeks beforehand.

Just booked our 3rd cruise w/Disney. First was thru Disney Cruise Lines, last two were w/DVC. Got our room nos. when we booked. Is Guarenteed room different? What Cat.? Travel Agent?

Just booked our 3rd cruise w/Disney. First was thru Disney Cruise Lines, last two were w/DVC. Got our room nos. when we booked. Is Guarenteed room different? What Cat.? Travel Agent?

Guarantee rooms are not always available. They way they work is that you buy a stateroom of a certain category (let's just use Cat 9 as an example) and Disney guarantees you that you will be in that category or better. Then once they see how full the ship is going to be, they may assign you to a stateroom of that category, or may bump you up to a better type of room if your category is full.

Usually, they only offer guarantee rooms when all rooms in a category have been reserved. DCL builds in some extra space because they know people will cancel.

Archived