Up grade at the pier

ALANDB

From what I understand, IF there are any available cabins, that might be possible if you pay the difference. However, most sailings I've read of on this board is that the ships sail at near full capacity. I've seen signs at the purser's desk - "no cabins available for this sailing". You can always ask!;)

Carnival generally does not do peirside upgrades and does not have a formal discounted upgrade program like RCCL.

At the check-in counters they will generally just say "ship is full and upgrades are not available" and the sign at the pursers desk saying this is a perminate fixture on embarkation day. However on many occations you can get upgrades, but they are available only after you board and may not become available until the second day of the cruise. Ask when you check-in (you never know) and give your name to the pursers desk later on the first day (A tip may help in this regard). Don't go asking for an upgrade if there is a huge line of people setting up onboard accounts, they will dismiss you out of hand.

Upgrades, when available, are generally the difference in price between categories as shown in the brochure and are generally not discounted except for people experiencing problems with their assigned cabins (and then they are generally given away.) This may sound a little dirty, but Carnival does have the Vacation Guarantee; if you imply that you might invoke it unless you're able to upgrade you can sometimes get one, but you'll need to be pretty sincere (they've seen this all 1,000,000 times before)

Carnival tends to do alot of free upgrades prior to sailing, mostly among those with cabin guarantees. You can also watch for fare drops prior to sailing and see if your TA or PVP can convert this into a cabin upgrade for you.

could this be because Carnival Over Sales there Ships? Crazy story from the Port of Baltimore about Carnival over selling there ships and leaving alot of people who booked guarentee..............with "no rooms on the ship"

Sorry if this subject has been beaten to death, I am new to Carnivals Board:confused: But did just return from Baltimores port.

Archived