cruises for family of 5

RMac713

Just so you know what your looking at.....Let me preface this by saying Carnival Holiday out of Mobile is the only ship we care to cruise until it is replaced. We absolutely love it and are taking our 4 children on it early next year. This is the smallest ship in the Carnival fleet. The Verandah rooms are balcony rooms, but not private balconies. I do not think the cabin itself is any bigger than Inside or Outside cabins. The ship's pools are on the small side (2 plus kiddie wading pool) and 1 water slide. There is Camp Carnival, but no club O2 for teens. I am not telling you this to discourage you, but just so you know what you are looking at. If you are in love with just being on a ship (like us) this would be a great deal for you, but if you are looking for bells and whistles I would look at Carnival Imagination, Inspiration, or Fantasy since the have already or will soon be undergoing the evolutions of fun and are usually reasonably priced. :) This ship works for our family as it has great service, southern hospitality, is small (we do not like huge crowds, and although this ship is smaller and sails full it only seems crowded at lunch at the buffet). Our kids will be 14, 9, 7, 5 at our sailing. The little ones only need a pool, slide and activities so this ship is great for them, the Camp seems outstanding. Our teen is perfectly happy with a bed, mini golf, basketball, arcade, and a quick dip in the pool.

Actually, they are considerably bigger, almost twice the size.

Seems you are fixing for a cruise to go to certain ports... IF booking during the summer you should allow yourself to be flexible. If you hit hurricane waters you will not be going to those ports but heading in the complete opposite direction.

You have been on one cruise. I have been on 14. Three of those 14 were old ships. I know what I am talking about. The Holiday would be a MAJOR letdown to the OP after crusing Disney.

I do not disagree which is why I believe I thoroughly explained the ship to OP. I pray that God does a work in your life that would alleviate whatever would make you so snippy about someone disagreeing about a ship. I agreed with everything else you have said. Sheesh.;) :) I spoke of what I know based on MY one experience on a ship OP mentioned. God Bless.

I do not disagree which is why I believe I thoroughly explained the ship to OP. I pray that God does a work in your life that would alleviate whatever would make you so snippy about someone disagreeing about a ship. I agreed with everything else you have said. Sheesh.;) :) I spoke of what I know based on MY one experience on a ship OP mentioned. God Bless.

You came across as a know it all. You told me I did not know what I was talking about as I had not been on that specific ship. Plus you continute to post to me and argue about what I have said. Yes that irritates me. Why are you targeting my posts? I do not feel I was out of line in what I said to you, if I had been, my post would have been removed.

Believe it or not, I felt just as you did after my first cruise on the Carnival Tropicale. After all, I had nothing to compare it with. I loved it, even though it was considered the worst ship Carnvial had and Carnival retired it just 2 years later for that very reason.

I have taken only one Disney cruise because as the OP mentioned, Disney cruises are sky-high. We "lucked out" when we booked that cruise simply because our travel agent notified us about this crusie just 3 weeks off that had been greatly discounted. For once my husband was able to take off from work last minute and we were able to go.

Disney Wonder was the most lurxious ship that I have seen of 6 cruiselines, 14 cruises and 13 ships. Only HAL ships can compare.

Carnival is not a bad line, but Carnival is all about budget and over the top glizz. I just feel the OP would have a major letdown - especially if they go on an old Carnival ship.

Seems you are fixing for a cruise to go to certain ports... IF booking during the summer you should allow yourself to be flexible. If you hit hurricane waters you will not be going to those ports but heading in the complete opposite direction.

Both cruises we took before were summer--the 4 night Wonder cruise was 6/29-7/3 in 2003, and the 7 night western Magic was 7/3-7/10 2004. I am just looking at eastern ports because I want to do something different this time. If I booked eastern and it got switched due to a hurricane, I would be fine with it, but if it goes off without a hitch (as it does more often than not) I'd like to see St. Thomas at least.

I am looking at RCCL and Carnival right now. Does anyone know where the newer RCCL ships (with the rock wall, flow rider, etc.) will be sailing from in 2010, or is it too soon to tell?

Robin M.

I am looking at RCCL and Carnival right now. Does anyone know where the newer RCCL ships (with the rock wall' date=' flow rider, etc.) will be sailing from in 2010, or is it too soon to tell?

Robin M.[/quote']

Well Oasis will be sailing from Ft. Lauderdale, but at this point no one knows where any of the other ships will be sailing from in the summer of 2010. You'll have to wait until next spring to find out about summer 2010 itineraries.

Archived