Phillip Stein the OPRAH watch

poppyskim

If you are in the market for one of these watches, it was on Oprahs favorties show, I suggest you compare prices here first and preshop. I looked at Diamonds International watches and found that you can have a much better selection here on Amazon for only about $90 dollars more with the confidence of a return if you do not like it. The base price for the plain watch was $476 on the island and $1200 for the diamond one. $750 for the ladies stainless steel. ASk for RUdy

I couldn't make up my mind when I was in town. By the time I got to the pier I went in the DI store there and finally bought one. I've never spent that much on a watch before but it's been great.

My DH and I each bought one at DI in Grand Cayman in Nov. 06. I'm not sure that mine does anything for me other than tell time. DH is convinced that his helps him stay calmer. We bought one for our adult DD, and her BF thanked us. He said it made a huge difference in her temperament! LOL!

Be warned that the batteries & Teslar chips last about a year, and it costs about $140 to have them replaced! :eek: That amount is just for batteries, as the chips are under warranty for 2 yrs. No telling how much they cost.... Plus, you will be without it for about a month, while it goes to FL and back. :rolleyes:

My watch is out of warranty, soI just took it to a local jeweler to have the battery replaced. There are instructions on the Philip Stein website to give to jewelers if you don't want to send your watch back. There was not an authorized representative in our area.

Hi-was just going to send my PS watch away to have batteries replaced when i read your note. So, a local jeweller can replace the batteries? The watch still runs ok? I'll try it-esp. where I'm from Canada and it could be a long time before I see my watch again!

Thanks! Shelly

http://www.philipstein.com/home.html

I sent an email to philipstein when I found they did not have an authorized dealer in our area. Also, it was out of warranty, so they sent me instructions to give the jeweler to replace the battery. Mainly, it said not to touch the two chips in the back of the watch.

Yes, it runs great, no problems.

Archived