Question for Pierces

I was reading the thread on canon compact point and shoot cameras. Just curious if the 800 and 870 were out at the same time, would you have chosen the 870 or still went with the 800? You had mentioned you used a friends 870 briefly. Was there something in particular you didn't like about it? Or was it just at that time the 800 was the best for you?

I was reading the thread on canon compact point and shoot cameras. Just curious if the 800 and 870 were out at the same time, would you have chosen the 870 or still went with the 800? You had mentioned you used a friends 870 briefly. Was there something in particular you didn't like about it? Or was it just at that time the 800 was the best for you?

They are consecutive models. When I was looking for a new compact, the 800 was my final selection. If I would have been looking a year or so later, I probably would have gone with the 870. They are actually very similar in performance and features.

The 870 I used briefly was out of curiosity to see what had changed. It's a great little camera.

Dave

Archived