Drinks on board

imorrin

Sorry, but I can't find the answer to this question. Going on Carnival GLory 7/12 (first cruise) and am not sure how the drink situation works. As all food is provided, do I have to have a drink card for drinks with my meals? or are they included. (i.e. do they give me the pizza then ask me to sign for a drink?) Are there any drinks that are free during the trip? I was thinking the cruise was like an all-inclusive, but it seems like there is an extra charge for EVERYTHING!

Also, how many drinks can I take onboard with me? i.e. bottled water, a case from the store or only a few bottles?

Thanks for the help, I just don't want to be thirsty!

You can get tea, coffee, Iced tea, fruit punch, various juices, milk pretty much all day. They also have water that has been purified on the ship.

I've brought 6 bottles of water and a case of diet Dr. Pepper without a problem. I just put it in a duffel and checked it.

Sorry, but I can't find the answer to this question. Going on Carnival GLory 7/12 (first cruise) and am not sure how the drink situation works. As all food is provided, do I have to have a drink card for drinks with my meals? or are they included. (i.e. do they give me the pizza then ask me to sign for a drink?) Are there any drinks that are free during the trip? I was thinking the cruise was like an all-inclusive, but it seems like there is an extra charge for EVERYTHING!

Also, how many drinks can I take onboard with me? i.e. bottled water, a case from the store or only a few bottles?

Depends on what kind of "drinks" you are talking about. There are some free non alcoholic drinks.. some juices, tea, water (not bottled), coffee, milk, etc. You can buy a soda card for about $6/day, for sodas/juices (no bottled water). You can bring on a reasonable amount of non alcoholic beverages... a case of water should be okay. But I prefer to save space, the water on the ship is just as good if not better than any bottled water I've had (and I drink A LOT of water, Aquafina taste like dirt, and I never drink tap, the ship water is really good!!!)

There is always FREE drinks such as non carbonated ...but the alcohol drinks and specialty coffes and such there is a charge for...in basic if they ask you for the SS card then there is a charge if in doubt just ask what the charge is before acepting anything. But you won't go thristy.Also just remember in each port you could purchase more sodas if you need to.Or you can buy the soda cards that gives unlimited sodas.It is a little expensive but if you drink alot of soda its worth the card.

Cappucinos and expressos are available at dinner for no charge (check the menu for coffee drinks and you should see them included). If you like specialty coffees, this is the way to go and save the $$ charged at the coffee bar!

Next they will be charging us $15.00 for each extra suitcase will bring on board.

sorry, couldn't resist!

unlike rccl which drink situation sucks, carnival lido deck is open 24/7 for punch, lemonade, ice tea, hot tea, coffee and hot cocoa. and ice. we always take plenty of extra drinks for the cabin, water, a few sodas, booze and beer too..i dont like the idea of fillin my water bottle at the bathroom sink so i bring my own, its great for shore too. i dont like to pay $4 for a bottle of water..all the above drinks r available at the buffet and the dining room as well. i guess? i always ask for ice tea in the mdr, i dont know aobut the punch or lemonade, have never paid attention..cindy

unlike rccl which drink situation sucks, carnival lido deck is open 24/7 for punch, lemonade, ice tea, hot tea, coffee and hot cocoa. and ice. we always take plenty of extra drinks for the cabin, water, a few sodas, booze and beer too..i dont like the idea of fillin my water bottle at the bathroom sink so i bring my own, its great for shore too. i dont like to pay $4 for a bottle of water..all the above drinks r available at the buffet and the dining room as well. i guess? i always ask for ice tea in the mdr, i dont know aobut the punch or lemonade, have never paid attention..cindy

Yuk! You don't have to use the sink...where you were saying the lido was open 24/7, it is also open for water, excellent free water :D

We've mananged to cruise three times without buying even one non-alcoholic drink and we don't bring any either. As posted, there are a variety of included non-alcoholic drinks throughout the day.

As far as what you can bring on, here is the policy. I don't know what Carnival considers a "small quantity". Your best bet is to follow what others have done in the past. I've consistently read that a case of beverages is allowed.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

thanks for the input, I would much rather have lemonade, juice, tea, etc so I may bypass the soda card altogether. Not too big on alcohol either so carry on not a big deal. Will grap some water and that should do the trick!

Again, thanks for the help

thanks for the input, I would much rather have lemonade, juice, tea, etc so I may bypass the soda card altogether. Not too big on alcohol either so carry on not a big deal. Will grap some water and that should do the trick!

Again, thanks for the help

You don't have to buy a soda card to get one here and there. They do sell them individually. The card only comes in handy if you drink a lot of soda.

I didn't see this mentioned above, but from room service, you can order a variety of juices, coffee, tea, hot tea, milk, cocoa, etc. (as well as many food choices). No charge, but you should tip the delivery person $1-2 each time.:)

Someone mentioned the cappuccino in the dining room for dinner. You can also have espresso or cappuccino in the dining room w/b'fast and lunch at no charge.

Archived