Tour by Mini-Van or 2 Taxis for 6 people in Athens

Hello, all

I have been looking at the suggestions on the boards and some people have recommended using Jordan in Athens - he has suggested to me that for 6 people it would be better to use two taxis rather than one mini-van because taxis can "easily maneuver the narrow side streets of the city - something that mini vans and buses cannot do".

I have 6 people and would really like to keep us together - are there things that we would really miss with a Mini-van that we would be able to see from a taxi that really would be worth it? Not caring so much about the cost as the idea of splitting up my girlfriend and her two kids from me and my two kids. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Lou

I was all over Athens last fall. The streets (even in the Plaka) are wide enough for any mini van. I would rather be together in one van than split up. It should also be cheaper too for one van.

Hello, all

I have been looking at the suggestions on the boards and some people have recommended using Jordan in Athens - he has suggested to me that for 6 people it would be better to use two taxis rather than one mini-van because taxis can "easily maneuver the narrow side streets of the city - something that mini vans and buses cannot do".

I have 6 people and would really like to keep us together - are there things that we would really miss with a Mini-van that we would be able to see from a taxi that really would be worth it? Not caring so much about the cost as the idea of splitting up my girlfriend and her two kids from me and my two kids. Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Lou

Most guides to/around Athens work with 4-passenger taxi. W(hy don't you write to Paul and get his opinion? (http://www.athenstaxi.org). I arranged an Acropolis/city/Cape Sounion tour last June 2 that received rave reviews (we had to cancel due to a family accident). All participants were very impressed.

David

Archived