accomodation ? pre cruise

sandian

Flying out to ny to sail on eos out of nj on 7th March 2010 already booked.

in the 2008th brochure there is an overnight stay but online for 2010 it does not say there is an overnight stay which is pretty worrying as we are flying out on the 6th.

Can anyone confirm or deny please

Also if there is do you know which one they use

Thanks in advance

Sandian

• 4 weeks later...

Edited to add that I think you are wondering about pre-cruise or after cruise information for a cruise pretty far in the future. I just got off the EOS in Bayonne, NJ mid July 2008. This year the RCI motel for all transfers, etc used is/was the Hilton Newark Penn Station and the costs would have been $135 per night per person (and that was based on double occupancy or the minimum of $270 which included taxes and gratuities and transportation to the pier). The book says anything else required you need to contact RCI or your TA for things like more than one night needed, if multiple rooms are needed, etc. so not sure but you may then also have to get your own transportation from the pier back to the AP since it didn't specifically mention that. Others may know if that part is true or not. Maybe if it is not online it is only because they change motels based on availability, etc year to year.

The other option is making your own motel reservations and transportation to/from the ship which may or may not be cheaper. I took 2 17 y/o nieces with me but I made my own motel reservations and used a cab from our motel to the pier and then got the RCI ground transfers which I bought onboard which was $25.50 per person which was a motorcoach like a Greyhound which took us from the pier over to Newark AP at the end of the trip.

HTH

• 5 weeks later...

I just went onto Travelocity to check Newark airport hotels for 1/10/09. The prices are very good.

For example financialgrl paid $270 to stay in downtown Newark and get to the port. The Newark Hilton is showing for $146 + tax ($171.00). Add on the transportation to downtown Newark and then the transportation back to Bayonne and $270 is reasonable.

However, I'm seeing the Holiday Inn at the airport for $80 and the Sheraton Airport for $116. Both have shuttles from the airport. Add on a cab fare to Bayonne ($45 ???) and you've got yourself a good deal. I picked these places because I've actually stayed in both of them pre-cruise/fly and they are fine - just what you would expect for the brand name. Even the Marriott in the middle of Newark Airport is $99!

The Holiday Inn and Sheraton are closest to the port - they are right by exit 14, so it's a straight shot to exit 14A in Bayonne.

If you want to go into NYC, then that's another whole strategy.

Archived