Taxi Rates?

GRITS-BRITS

Thanks. We were hoping to avoid doing a group tour and wanted to just grab a taxi to the museum/beach area to spend the day. I was hoping I could find a rate for strictly the taxi fare. Unfortunately, the Belize port does not seem to have taxi rates posted like they do at the port in Cozumel...which would make planning much easier.

Thanks. I have actually emailed several different places in Belize, attempting to get an estimated rate, but my emails are not anwered. I was hoping someone on the boards had done this recently and could respond. I appreciate the suggestions. I'll try to look back to see if Eco was one of the places I requested information and, if not, will do so.

• 3 weeks later...

The most you will pay for a taxi in Belize is $25 US... most trips are less. the rate is for the taxi and not per person. Tips are not expected unless you have a lot of bags. Always confirm the cost first in US or Belize cash. $1us =$2bz.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived