bar/club in Nassau for bachelorette party?

lmt0714

There will be 11 of us on Sensation for a bachelorette party, and we were planning on going to Aura at Atlantis, but after seeing the cover charge and drink prices :eek: are rethinking that. Can anyone suggest a fun place where we can dance that will have a good younger (we're late 20's/early 30's) crowd? We may end up at Senor Frogs late before we go back to the ship but are looking for somewhere else to go first. Thanks!

There will be 11 of us on Sensation for a bachelorette party, and we were planning on going to Aura at Atlantis, but after seeing the cover charge and drink prices :eek: are rethinking that. Can anyone suggest a fun place where we can dance that will have a good younger (we're late 20's/early 30's) crowd? We may end up at Senor Frogs late before we go back to the ship but are looking for somewhere else to go first. Thanks!

Have you thought of the Yellowbird or the Booze cruise?

One other idea is Breezes which is All-inclusive at 60pp.

Have a great time... and bring her back.

Have you thought of the Yellowbird or the Booze cruise?

One other idea is Breezes which is All-inclusive at 60pp.

Have a great time... and bring her back.

Ha! We'll bring her back ;) We are going to the Sheraton during the day, but since the Sensation is in port until 6 am, we wanted somewhere to go out at night...about 10 pm, after dinner.

Senor Frogs is probably going to be your best bet. There are other clubs in town but aside from the Spring Break season, they tend to cater to locals rather than tourists, if they're even open. Some names:

Club Waterloo East Bay Street near Lake Montague (taxi necessary)

Supposedly Nassau's oldest running night club....in business 29 years.

Coctails & Dreams West Bay Street

Supposedly voted #1 by colleges all over the U.S. for spring break. (taxi needed)

Charlie's Club 601 East Bay Street (near downtown, walking distance)

Ads say 2 levels, hottest DJ's. Nassau's newest club.

Whether any of these places are still in business, have no idea. Suggest you pick up one or both local tourist newspapers when you arrive and scan the latest club ads. You can find them on the brochure wall in the cruise terminal and in racks outside liquor stores in downtown Nassau.

Have fun.....and STAY TOGETHER.

BobK/Orlando

Grab 2 cabs (they are not expensive) and head to Green Parrot on the Nassau side, next to Lucianos). It's just up the roadway from the dock, but not a nice walk. The Parrot is an open air bar on the water, with a gazebo, outdoor seating and a terrific staff. Drinks are the cheapest in town, and food is reasonable as well.

Get the # from the cabbie and give them a call when you want to leave, or ask them to return at a certain time. (GP will also call a cab for you, and there are usually cabs out front waiting to pick up as well).

www.greenparrotbar.com

It's safe and fun.

I guess i'm being fatherly here but at night Id stick close to the ship and go to Senor Frogs, from my understanding Nassau can be a dangerous place at nite.

I have to agree... Be careful and realize where you are.

I will tell you this. We did the same trip this past March - during spring bread - and many of the "younger" crowd were at Senor frogs for a while but actually came back onboard and were partying in the "disco". I saw quite a few in there and they were having a great time. You might want to find out how long it stays open and hit it. Do the big club thing stateside. I don't think you are going to find the "cancun" type clubs at Nassau.

Hey scubagirrl,... How safe is the area around The Green Parrot?? I am always up for a new bar, but my sister is worried that it is not right near the dock like Senior Frogs or Hard Rock. (We are from the Detroit area so we know how to look out for ourselves. :) ) Will we be okay??

Hey scubagirrl,... How safe is the area around The Green Parrot?? I am always up for a new bar, but my sister is worried that it is not right near the dock like Senior Frogs or Hard Rock. (We are from the Detroit area so we know how to look out for ourselves. :) ) Will we be okay??

It's fine.. you'll need to take a taxi.. Lucianos is next door, Shogun Revolver on the same property.. secure parking lot on the premises..

I don't recommend walking the streets (either before or after), but the area itself is very safe and secure. You'll love it.. it's all on the water.. open bar/ gazebo, tiny beach/ boat dock etc. What's not to love.

Even the prices are better than anywhere else in the area.

I have no problem going here with my girls.. you can't beat it..

and it's got a caribbean vibe... not the nasty commericial gringo vibe of a Senor Frog franchise.

Archived