Will we make it on time?

buckeyegurl

I wonder if there are any statistics about the number of people who fly in a day ahead vs. those that fly day of, and of those that fly day of, what percent missed the boat?

Most of the cruisers will be flying in the same day- especially first timers since they just dont know better. Many hotels still have rooms available. If most cruisers are flying in the day before-- the prices for hotel rooms will be sky high

In 10 cruises--- the ship waited for a bit for late comers only once. If you are lucky to be on a flight with a person who booked the flight using the crusielines-- you got it made

In my experience flying Miami is a lot cheaper than flying into FT. Lauderdale. Live in Ohio but fly out of Indy!! I just like the airport better. I also fly out Dayton, Oh. But like I said its cheaper to go to Miami!!!

Out of the NYC area, flights to Miami are generally in the same ball park as FLL (although my flight in August was much less to FLL than MIA, which is why we booked it).

I never flew in to FLL before, but have been told it is an easier flight (less delays), and generally an easier airport to get around. All my previous flights for cruises out of Miami have been through MIA, and it has been hit or miss - some on time, some as much as an hour delayed (circling around as we waited to land).

Archived