Question for dakrewser

RDMOREU

Hi,

We will be in an SS on the Westerdam and realize that only S and PS can order appetizers to be brought to their suites.

However, in a recent threat you wrote: "You can also order from the dining room menu with room service - but you'll need to have your cabin steward bring a copy of the menu, and you'll have to order during the first half hour the DR is open (but can schedule delivery any time)."

Would that mean that, if we wished to, we could order appetizers off that night's dining room menu to be delivered anytime after the first seating begins????

Also, would the dining room menu be posted outside the room after lunch is over (or, before??) ?

Thanks for your help!

However, in a recent threat you wrote: "You can also order from the dining room menu with room service - but you'll need to have your cabin steward bring a copy of the menu, and you'll have to order during the first half hour the DR is open (but can schedule delivery any time)."

Would that mean that, if we wished to, we could order appetizers off that night's dining room menu to be delivered anytime after the first seating begins????

Interesting question, and the answer is -

I don't know. :(

I would expect not, however, as that could lead to all sorts of extra work for the DR stewards should the word get out. You can (thru Ships' Services) pre-order (at a price) plates of hors d'ouevres, though.

We make a point of stopping by the DR during the morning or afternoon to see the menu. The daily menu for all meals is generally posted before lunch, especially on sea days. We then decide on the DR or Lido for lunch. Sometimes it is fun to anticipate and not be overwhelmed with the choices when your server pops by to get your order that evening. I admit to being menu-challenged....too many options and I want to try it all, but just can't!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your postings.

And, bepsf, I'll give it a try and report back. I mean, if you can order a whole dinner (or, as i've read on other threads, dessert) to be delivered to your cabins; maybe, a little appetizer (or dessert cheese plate) would be OK. I'll see what happens!

Whatever, DH and I are positively giddy with excitement and can't wait for a wonderful cruise to begin! I'm sure that it will be 'perfect'; but, if it isn't, I'll take lemons and make extra lemonade ... lol!!!!

Dolores

Archived