Embarrased before the Cruise!

rogerdm

My family from Arizona bought me a suit and sent it to me ,along with everything else to wear. Well, they haven't seen me in a few years and sent the wrong size.(too small)

I took half a day off to go to Penney's. They were very nice and tried ordering another suit through thier register. Well, the message came back to them that they had to call the sizes in. Now mind you there are lots of people standing around waiting to check out. The woman had a bad connection and had to repeat and yell my suit sizes out " I SAID I WANT A SIZE 52 PORTLY BLACK WITH A WAIST OF 44 AND 28"

I tried to hide my face and people tried to pretend they didn't hear, but I know that deep down in my heart, most of the people in the mall could by me clothes for Christmas!!!

Aw, don't be embarrassed! Things like that happen to all of us. Just laugh and go on. We are who we are.

Reminded me of a Golden Girls episode where they were going on a cruise and the girls talked and thinking they might get lucky, they went to the drug store to get some protection. The two women paid and then it was Rose's turn. The cashier picked up her package, turned it over, pulled the mic over and said, 'I need a price check on Mamoth condems, 12 pack, color black!'

I always liked that!:)

Hey, you're gonna be on a cruise soon and everything will be right with the world!!

My family from Arizona bought me a suit and sent it to me ,along with everything else to wear. Well, they haven't seen me in a few years and sent the wrong size.(too small)

I took half a day off to go to Penney's. They were very nice and tried ordering another suit through thier register. Well, the message came back to them that they had to call the sizes in. Now mind you there are lots of people standing around waiting to check out. The woman had a bad connection and had to repeat and yell my suit sizes out " I SAID I WANT A SIZE 52 PORTLY BLACK WITH A WAIST OF 44 AND 28"

I tried to hide my face and people tried to pretend they didn't hear, but I know that deep down in my heart, most of the people in the mall could by me clothes for Christmas!!!

This is not the time to worry about your size, you will see lots of large people on the cruise. Get a suit that fits, go and have a nice time. Lorelle

this brings to mind the only wisdom I ever learned from my dad (long gone and not a very good guy) ... I bring the phrase back to my own mind in embarrassing situations ... it happened when we were all in a restaurant having some sort of set-to about something and clearly I (very young at the time) was looking around at the other people staring at us and my father said, "CUT IT OUT, YOU'LL NEVER SEE THESE PEOPLE AGAIN" ... TR

this brings to mind the only wisdom I ever learned from my dad (long gone and not a very good guy) ... I bring the phrase back to my own mind in embarrassing situations ... it happened when we were all in a restaurant having some sort of set-to about something and clearly I (very young at the time) was looking around at the other people staring at us and my father said, "CUT IT OUT, YOU'LL NEVER SEE THESE PEOPLE AGAIN" ... TR

Ouch! Can you digress?

Archived