Dumb Question- Grand Cayman Excursion

aadams7

If I am planning on doing a snorkel excursion in Grand Cayman, will it be safe to leave my new digital camera unattended onboard while the group snorkels? i am kinda of timid about doing so. What are your thoughts?

I would but only in a dry bag. Bring a water camera for taking pictures in the water. I am more afraid of other guest stealing then most staff. When I dive I leave all my stuff on deck, including money. Have never lost anything yet.

My thoughts? ,

No problem. If in doubt, ask a crew member to keep an eye on it for you. If it went missing, it would be reported to the police. On the restricted access of a boat at sea, I don't think it would take long to find the culprit. I agree that I would be more concerned with fellow passengers. How long would an operator stay in business if their crew made a habit of stealing the possesions of the passengers, particularly with the reporting power of the internet?

I've done many snorkeling excursions and always have my digital camera, money, credit card, etc. in my beach bag. Normally there is at least one crew member on board and one in the water and I've never had a problem. With that said I don't leave them on top, usually t-shirts, flip flops, sunscreen and other items on top with my valuables buried in the bottom. It would be pretty obvious if someone was rifling through my bag. When we go to the beach I loop the bag through the lounge chair when I go in the water...I've yet to see someone grab my bag with lounge chair in tow running down the beach.

I wouldn't worry about your camera on board the boat while you are in the water. If it went missing, just ask the captain to scour the boat.

I've never worried about leaving anything. Quite often, there are passengers that just go for the boat ride and they and the staff are all onboard.

As far as cash goes, if I happen to have a lot on me, I wear my "beach Safe" It's on a necklace, it's water tight and I keep my cash, drivers liscence, credit cards, etc.

I bought it on this site under gifts.

Archived