San Pedro to Anaheim?

johncairns

You can either rent a car, get a cab, or you'll have to arrange for a shuttle. The only rental car agency close to San Pedro is Enterprise. The 2 major shuttle companies in the Los Angeles area are Super Shuttle (supershuttle.com) and Prime Time Shuttle (primetimeshuttle.com). You can reserve in advance with either shuttle company to pick you up at the pier and take you to Anaheim. You should also check with your hotel to see if they have any arrangements, but they probably don't because it's not that close.

Also, which cruise line are you on? Carnival docks in Long Beach, not San Pedro. If you are on a Carnival ship you will be coming into Long Beach, not San Pedro.

matter that I had a reservation with prime time shuttle when we came into San Pedro. They put us in the same line as everyone else waiting for a shuttle. Although annoying because what is the point of a reservation it only took a couple of minutes. They had plenty available for whoever wanted them.

Also, Long Beach and San Pedro are two different ports - as stated - on either side of the bridge but the same shuttle service and lines are available on both sides....have traveled out of both myself.

We did the reverse, Anaheim to San Pedro in April of this year prior to sailing on the Star. We took a private car, "GO Sedan" . At that time for the two of us it was only a bit higher than the shared shuttle vans, plus there are no stops. We were at the Sheraton Park and it was about $75 including gratuity.

I just booked Anaheim to San Pedro with SuperShuttle, but you have to call them if you want to book anything that does not involve an airport. We have a pickup time, and if they are more than 15 minutes late, we have an emergency number to call.

I thought I had better book now, rather than wait for them to implement a fuel surcharge!!:rolleyes:

In June we took Super Shuttle from San Pedro (Disney Magic) to the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove. Because there were 12 of us (including a baby with tons of extras) we reserved two vans. The two vans were called and there in a matter of minutes. They took the luggage (lots of it) and also unloaded for the porter at the hotel (wonderful). I did notice other people who were getting on a Super Shuttle van. They all had reservations and only waited a few minutes. I highly recommend them.

So is a shuttle cheaper than a cab for 2 adults & i child?

Depends on where you are going and what time of day. If you have to sit in traffic with a meter running, then probably no. If all your luggage will fit in one taxi, and it is at a low traffic period, then it is not much different from a shuttle, and is faster. It cost us $60 + tip to go from LAX to San Pedro. Each person on Supershuttle is $17 + tip.

Archived