Freeport - Our Lucaya - snorkeling/parasailing from beach?

honeymoon heaven

Hi there,

I have been reading reviews and think that I would like to go to Our Lucaya and the Marketplace etc in Freeport. I was wondering if there is anything to see snorkeling from the beach there. Also interested if there is any parasailing. If so, should we book before hand or just sign up when we get there?

Thanks

Hi there,

I have been reading reviews and think that I would like to go to Our Lucaya and the Marketplace etc in Freeport. I was wondering if there is anything to see snorkeling from the beach there. Also interested if there is any parasailing. If so, should we book before hand or just sign up when we get there?

Thanks

If you go to Our Lucaya ($5pp shared cab) you will find the beach in front of the Westin/Sheraton. There are private vendors that have seadoo/parasailing/etc for rent. The parasailing is actually from a floating dock off the beach but the crew will take you out and bring you back. No face smacking on the beach!

This is all dependent on the weather.

found this site...sounds like they are right near that popular spot "the Lukaya/ Westin hotel http://www.oceanmotionbahamas.com

You are correct. If if is not them, the pricing and what is offered is the same. When staying at the Westin we have been up early and have seen them bringing everything out. The platform for parasailing is towed into place each day, the banana boat and jet skis are brought over. They have a huge raft that is towed into place. This all happens sometime between 8ish and 10ish depending.

If the weather is bad then nothing comes out.

• 4 weeks later...
what is a banana boat? and do you get to go out on jet ski where you want,,,or have to follow a leader, like horse back tours?

A "banana boat ride" is a huge towed raft that has "seats" for around 6-8 people that resembles a banana... they go over waves and it is fun - beware as with all rides you are not in the US and girls wear a one-piece suit!

the Jet skis they let you go but watch you... you can't just go out to sea or go left til your not seen.

My 16 year old son and I did the parasailing a week ago with Ocean Motion. It was amazing and so much fun. I highly recommend it. I did not make a reservation, we took a taxi from the Carnival Glory and walked right to the hut on the beach, and within five minutes we were on the boat being taken to the parasailing dock.

Archived