Day time dress QM2

Lefty Bob

I guess this has been addressed before. I tried to read all the dress code threads, but they are so long I may have missed the answer

On a TA on the QM2 in summer (August) could a pax wear Bermuda shorts with a polo shirt or short sleeve dress shirt in: Kings Court (Breakfast and Lunch); Britannia (Breakfast and Lunch); Golden Lion; Boardwalk Cafe; and Sir Samuel's?

Also, what is the added tip per day? I have read it's $11.00 or $13.00?

We are in a B4 cabin.

Lefty Bob

On a TA on the QM2 in summer (August) could a pax wear Bermuda shorts with a polo shirt or short sleeve dress shirt in: Kings Court (Breakfast and Lunch); Britannia (Breakfast and Lunch); Golden Lion; Boardwalk Cafe; and Sir Samuel's? Also, what is the added tip per day? I have read it's $11.00 or $13.00? We are in a B4 cabin. Lefty Bob

Hi,

This is my experience for both crossing and cruising.

"On a TA on the QM2 in summer (August) could a pax wear Bermuda shorts with a polo shirt or short sleeve dress shirt in: Kings Court (Breakfast and Lunch);"

Yes.

"Britannia (Breakfast and Lunch);"

No, offically you can't (however, on my cruise last autumn I did wear very long "shorts" to lunch in Britannia, it was a last minute invitation to join friends and I forgot that I was wearing them, I was with eight others, the stewards said nothing and served me. I would not wear shorts again in the Britannia, esp on a crossing which is more formal and "dressier" than a cruise).

"Golden Lion;"

Yes.

"Boardwalk Cafe;"

No problem at all. However you will be very lucky to find the Boardwalk Cafe open on a crossing, it's very windy up on deck 12 when she's doing 26 knots! On a cruise it will be open on port days and was one of my favourite places for lunch or a snack.

"Sir Samuel's?"

Yes.

"Also, what is the added tip per day? I have read it's $11.00 or $13.00? We are in a B4 cabin".

In Britannia "grade" it's $11 per day per person. In the "grills" it's $13.

I really enjoy cruising on QM2 but a transatlantic crossing on her is something very special, I loved every minute of mine and am about to book another...

Have a great time and tell us all about it when you return.

Hi,

"Britannia (Breakfast and Lunch);"

No, offically you can't (however, on my cruise last autumn I did wear very long "shorts" to lunch in Britannia, it was a last minute invitation to join friends and I forgot that I was wearing them, I was with eight others, the stewards said nothing and served me. I would not wear shorts again in the Britannia, esp on a crossing which is more formal and "dressier" than a cruise).

.... and he was lucky to get away it! ;) ...... we saw people turned away in May this year..... Maybe you have particularly fetching legs!!!!

J

The question must be posed.

Why would any grown man actually want to wear Bermuda shorts at any time any where?

Gari. icon7.gif

P.S. No excuses Pepperrn, You've let yourself down, you've let the Captain down, you've let the ship down.

G.

:o

... well, the wooden one is the more realistic looking one ... the other looks like it's previous owner was a woolly rhino ...

Wrong.....;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Im sorry Perrer but your quite wrong here re the dress code for the crossing or on a cruise aboard the QM2.

you may wear shorts at breakfast and for lunch in the Britannia and indeed the kings court etc.

The "dress code"for the ship is just for evenings after 6pm, this is stated clearly in the brochure and on there website.

Bermuda shorts, sorry but fine you may get away if your 19 or in robins case ** going on 19 and also owns a pair of the offending shorts, LOL, on a crossing I wear trousers, and as I have never owned a pair jeans for more than 25 years I dont have that worry either.

rob

Bermuda shorts, sorry but fine you may get away if your 19 or in robins case ** going on 19 and also owns a pair of the offending shorts, LOL,

rob

Oh Dear, i now have this image in my mind........... :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Gavin, your have only ever seen robin in a suit me thinks, but he does have these blue bumudas:eek:

want a photo?????

Yes please :D

Were you on the IOS when it was docked with QE2 in July ?

I've seen this notice appear several times in the Daily Programme:

Attire in Kings Court

We remind all guests using the Kings Court buffet that wet bathing attire, sleepwear or robes are not permitted and a shirt and shoes are required whilst dining in the buffet area during all times of the day.

This notice usually appears the day after I've seen somebody stroll in (wearing their white Cunard robe) early in the morning for coffee.

And I've seen several pictures of Pepper in shorts and I thought they were rather good looking legs.

Linda

Gavin, your have only ever seen robin in a suit me thinks, but he does have these blue bumudas:eek:

want a photo?????

Goodness gracious, people! There are children on these boards! Offering to swap photos of naked flesh! For shame!:D

Naked yes! flesh maybe not, and photos well what can I say, maybe I can put them on ebay LOL.

Lannp.your 100% right you cant wear WET shorts in any resturants LOL, why you though? but you can wear shorts in Britannia for breakfast and lunch, on a crossing however I would not wear shorts at all.

Gavin-we were on the IOTS from July 12th to 26th I think we followed you around some pleaces, im sure you had a wonder time, the IOTS is a wonderful ship and nice to try a different ship.

Archived