Caribben Princess - Alternative Restaurants

jhaasz

After looking at the change in schedule, we decided that the best nights to do the alternative dining restaurants would be the first formal night (don't care for the filet mignon on the menu) and also the stop in San Juan since we arrive so late (and I have to have enough time at the Coach and Dooney & Bourke stores).

My husband and I also want to do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Can anyone tell me when either Italian or Caribbean night is on the Caribbean Princess (with an itinerary of Bermuda, San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk) so that I can schedule this for one of these nights?

Many thanks.

I am in the same situation you are. I am cruising on the CB on 7/19. I need to make reservations for Sterlings and Sabitinis, but I am not sure which nights. How late are you getting into San Juan and how much time do you have? Did you arrive late in Grand Turk? Are you going to be arriving late in Bermuda and St. Thomas? If so, how late will it be? Thanks. Sorry, I am not sure if the Italian night is on the CB, but I think the Caribbean night is.

We are arriving into San Juan at 2:00 pm with dinner at 6:00 pm (traditional seating). If we have to go through customs when we arrive, I will just have enough time to go to the Coach outlet (and hopefully the Dooney & Bourke outlet) before they close at 5:00 pm. This would be too "rushed" for a 6:00 pm dinner so we decided for alternative dining on that night.

In regards to Grand Turk, Bermuda and St. Thomas, no concerns there. We've been to Bermuda and Grand Turk before and will probably just enjoy the ship. We plan on shopping in St. Thomas but, with the ship leaving at 3:00 pm, we'll easily make a 6:00 pm dinner.

When the CB departs on a Sunday, the next night is formal and Tuesday is Caribbean night.

In your case, if the CB is departing on a Saturday, I would guess that Monday would be the dreaded caribbean night.

When the CB departs on a Sunday, the next night is formal and Tuesday is Caribbean night.

In your case, if the CB is departing on a Saturday, I would guess that Monday would be the dreaded caribbean night.

Some of us like Caribbean night, especially if you have friends who originally come from the Caribbean and you've had the opportunity to sample and appreciate the delicious foods from the region.

However, if you don't like what is on the menu that night, Princess has the "always available" menu staples like steak and salmon.

Some of us like Caribbean night, especially if you have friends who originally come from the Caribbean and you've had the opportunity to sample and appreciate the delicious foods from the region.

However, if you don't like what is on the menu that night, Princess has the "always available" menu staples like steak and salmon.

As far as I'm concerned, it's better to eat elsewhere that night. My opinion. Obviously your opinion differs.

I'm trying to remember which night the yogurt and tamarind soup is served. It is to die for! It may be on Caribbean night. Princess also makes a cold apple froth soup with Calvados which is really really good.

I hope they have both soups again on our sailing next week. I'm getting hungry already.

Archived