Where Did You Get Your Flowers?

• 3 weeks later...
I've looked into Wedideas.com and AA (AngelasAccents.com), but can anyone recommend other places?

Thanks!

The flowers for my ceremony were provided by the cruiseline (Disney) but I used Angelas Accents for our Magic Kingdom/EPCOT Center Bridal session and I highly recommend her! The flowers were absolutely beautiful! I liked her bouquet better than the real flowers for the ceremony.

I really can't say enough about Kim at Something Spectacular. My wedding is coming up (August 9) and I waited too long to book with Angel's but I think it was a blessing in disguise. Kim was able to take me last minute and she has been nothing but wonderful, even though she is also taking care of her elderly father who is quite sick.

One of the biggest differences between Angels and SS is that Kim sends you pictures every step of the way, while Angels doesn't and specifically says they don't on their website. This is fine when you know what you want, but it was definitely a blessing for me when Kim agreed to do my flowers since I still wasn't quite sure what I wanted. She sent me multitudes of emails with tons of pics attached of different flower groupings, and we narrowed my flower choices down that way, after seeing what looked good together.

She has spent many hours on the phone with me, and as my fiance pointed out to me recently, she is spending an awful lot of time on me when she is only getting paid $500.

I would recommend booking more in advance than I did, it was only pure luck that she was able to take me (I only booked about 3 months out).

I don't have the flowers yet, but Kim sent me a very excited email 2 days ago saying how fantastic they are turning out and she wants to have a profession photographer take pics of them so she can submit them to the Florist Design Board or something like that. She also said they are looking exactly like a fresh flower arrangement, which is exactly what I was going for, I chose all the real-touch flowers.

But the other great thing for those of you on a strict budget, is that you can tell her exactly how much you want to spend, and she will pick out all the best flowers that fit in your price range. I thought that would be very helpful to some people. I chose all top tier flowers for my bouquets (1 bridal, 3 BM, 1 groom bout, 3 groomsmen bouts, 2 mother/3 grandmother corsages, 2 father/2 grandfather bouts/1 brother bout) and I think it will turn out to be around $500 - still haven't paid her!

I'm going to also order some single stems from her to arrange in one of the vases I got at my bridal shower!

Hope that helps a little. If you search for something spectacular, there is one other bride that I know of who is using Kim, but her wedding isn't until next year I think. If you're really interested, I can send you some of our email exchanges to see how she works.

http://www.somethingspectacular.com

-Emily

Hope that helps a little. If you search for something spectacular, there is one other bride that I know of who is using Kim, but her wedding isn't until next year I think. If you're really interested, I can send you some of our email exchanges to see how she works.

www.somethingspectacular.com

-Emily

Emily,

Thank you for the suggestion; I'm checking their site now as I type. Can you share their email address, I'm not having much luck locating it on their site?

Thanks!

I was actually walking thru our local Michael's store and saw an order waiting to be picked up. I was very impressed w/ the end product and placed an order for our boutonnieres and corsages. I am in the process of making my bouquet and MOH.

DD and I have purchased most of her bouquet ingredients from Michaels. We were able to find absolutely beautiful real touch white roses and pale pink wild roses a la Angels Accents to use in her bouquet. We used a moss green hydrangea and peach rose buds for the BM's. The bouquets are beautiful and we saved TONS compared to pricing that we received from AA and local florists.

Emily,

Thank you for the suggestion; I'm checking their site now as I type. Can you share their email address, I'm not having much luck locating it on their site?

Thanks!

Hey, sorry for the delay in answering - it's getting hectic towards the end here, only 12 more days for me!

I would suggest calling Kim the first time - she really likes to talk to people by phone to get a better idea of what they need, and she is definitely more responsive by phone. Also I only have her personal email, so if you really can't get through to her by phone, let me know your email address and I will send it to you that way.

Good luck!

I made my own and they are beautiful. Dont have a picture yet, but ill post one when I get it. I bought my flowers and a huge flea market and for 20 dollars got enough flowers to make 6 bridesmaid boquets and 7 bouteneers for the guys... yay.. if your crafty at all, dont order from a website, you can do it cheaper yourself.

Hi Emily,

We are planing on using Something Spectacular as well, but the voicemail box is full. Hopefully we will be able to get through soon. Just a quick question, was a deposit required and if so how much? If you could please send me some of the pictures you received I would greatly appreciate it. LLLIV@hotmail.com

Have a wonderful wedding!

Lauri

Hi Lauri,

I know, I'm actually trying to reach Kim myself - I think her father might have passed away and that's why I can't reach her by phone. I'm getting a little nervous since she hasn't shipped my flowers yet, but I am sure it will be fine. She seems very concerned about all her customers, and obviously there is something holding her up from contacting me, and emptying the voicemail box.

Absolutely no deposit was required - I actually STILL haven't paid her, and she's been working on my bouquets for 3 months - and my wedding is in 9 days (I think she probably delivers with much more time to spare, I'm a special case)! I've spent hours on the phone with her. She really puts in a lot of effort.

Hopefully I will speak to her soon and I will tell her that a bride is trying to reach her - you've got plenty of time before your wedding so I'm sure there's no rush in your case!

I'll send you some pics in a little while.

Good luck!

-Emily

Andy and I booked with Something Spectacular a couple months ago. My wedding isn't until the spring, and I couldn't be happier with the level of service, the ideas and suggestions, and the flower samples I've received so far. The flowers are very realistic and the prices are reasonable for the amount of attention and the quality you receive. She really spends the time to get to know you, your colors, and your preferences, and I'm confident that our flowers will be unique and beautiful. My best friend used SS for her cruise wedding flowers back in December. Her bouquets and other flowers looked identical to fresh, and she had only good things to say about her experience with Kim and Something Spectacular.

When I comparison shopped prior to booking SS, I found Angel's Accents prices a little lower than Something Spectacular, but the quality of Angel's flowers and workmanship appearred to be lower than SS so it's one of those "you get what you pay for" things. I seriously considered Hibiscus Florals as their quality level looks very similar if not identical to SS, but Hibiscus's prices were much higher plus since I'm located in the US and Hisbiscus is in Canada, I would have to pay higher shipping fees and also Customs fees so that was the final deal breaker.

DNineMoons, have you received your flowers from SS yet, and if so, do you like them? Any one else on this board using Something Spectacular for their flowers?

THAT IS AN AMAZING BOUQUET!! CAN I BORROW THAT? :D

Thank you!!!! :D :D :D

Easy enough to make yourself, it really is. Let me know if I can help... other than sending you mine, of course...:cool: I could tell you what I bought and give you the step by step... or I could give you a price...;)

Seriously though, thank you.

I did all of our flowers myself, my bouquet, boutineer, and corsages. I found the hydrangeas, which were extremely realistic, at a Central Market and picked up the roses and stephanotis at Hobby Lobby. Here is picture of my bouquet.

16p019.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you!!!! :D :D :D

Easy enough to make yourself, it really is. Let me know if I can help... other than sending you mine, of course...:cool: I could tell you what I bought and give you the step by step... or I could give you a price...;)

Seriously though, thank you.

snc421,

Your boquet is absolutely gorgeous.

Could you send me a list of the flowers and a step by step for making them?

email is: tngaloha@yahoo.com

Thanks

Gerry

Hi everyone....

I really never thought of using someone else to do my flowers for my wedding in St Thomas 1/6/10 but reading this thread may make me change my mind. I was just going to use the wedding flowers that are provided. I would like to see some pictures if anyone could post them I would love it.

• 4 weeks later...

As I've mentioned I used Something Spectacular, and it was a really awesome experience.

Check out my wedding pics here to see some with my flowers in them: http://community.webshots.com/user/dninemoons.

I am also on the testimonials page for Something Spectacular, I am the 5th one down on this page (Emily G. from NJ):http://somethingspectacular.com/testimonials.htm.

Archived