Article on Why Ships aren't allowed to St. Maarten

PreciousPetal

"T<FONT face=Verdana size=2><SPAN lang=EN-US style="mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">he visit of the USS Gettysburg to Dutch St. Maarten was cancelled after a threat of terrorist attacks against three cruise ships resulted in their being diverted to other ports.

http://www.revistainterforum.com/english/articles/052702artgen.html

hope this comes out better..sorry about the last thread

T<FONT face=Verdana size=2><SPAN lang=EN-US style="mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt">he visit of the USS Gettysburg to Dutch St. Maarten was cancelled after a threat of terrorist attacks against three cruise ships resulted in their being diverted to other ports.

The only date I see related to this article is

May 27, 2002

Other than that this article does not seem to be of any importance.

Also to note, people have already posted st maartens port of calls showing other cruise ships are going to st maarten.

alas sooner or later I will throw down all the CC's people with actual proof by sight and ears that the CB is having engine problems starting on the last cruise in june leaving grand turk. UNTIL a Princess employee with credibility confirms this to me (sarcasm) aka customer service isn't a credible source being que card readers, only the Captain or his 1st mate can make me believe the engine issues.

Good catch, Dom.

I was a little suspicious when I read: "After that initial jolt, the Norway, the Century and the Carnival Pride, each with passenger counts of 2,000 or more, all cancelled." The Norway hasn't been sailing for how many years?

sorry about that guys. this is an old article...up top saw todays date..didnt realize the date on teh bottom. its just very coincidental about the past few cruises being cancelled for St. Maarten. just kinda fit. hehe. sorry again. ignore. i guess we will still never know the true reason St. Maarten got cancelled for this current cruise. although i have noticed, on the krroz cam website, no one has been docked at St Maarten. been checking this whole week. hmmm.

Archived