excursions

The shore excursions with royal caribbean are really expense. So what I want to know if anybody could supply a link to good shore excursion sites for Ocho Rios, Jamaica Georgetown Grand Cayman Cozumel Mexico. Thank you. :cool:

What are you interested in doing? We love to snorkel and have snorkeled and dived at all of these places. In Jamica I used the ship excursions, because some of the problems I have heard about the island. I wanted to start and end my excursion at the cruise pier. In Grand Cayman I have used Captain Bryans http://www.cayman.org/captainbryan/. We snorked with the sting rays and stopped at another location to snorkel. We sailed on a catamaran. In Cozumel I have used eagle ray divers www.eagleraydivers.com (for snorkeling and diving--they will take both if you have both in your party). I would highly recommend both of these and they are very reasonably priced, plus you don't have a large crowd.

We used Phil Layfayette last year when we were in Ocho Rios and would highly recommend him. I don't know how active they are but you might try the port of call threads for each of the ports you are visiting.

Here is the link to the Ports of Call page. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Just find your port and you will get tons of information. Also, make sure you go to the roll call board for your cruise. You may find other people to plan with and/or to share a van, bringing the price down even more.

Leave the ship early and plan to be back a 1.5-2 hours before sailaway.

Have fun planning.

Just returned from the Mariner today. We used Marva Shaw in Ocho Rios and did the Dunn's River/River Tubing/Reggae Beach tour. The ship does not offer a falls/tubing combo, so it was great for us. The cost was not unreasonable, and Marva's son was our great guide. He was also very accomodating when some of us did not want to go to the beach, but shopping instead. He dropped off a group at the beach, took some to the shopping area of town, some to the dock, and went back to get the beach folks. It was a great day.

In Cozumel, we booked Playa Uvas clear kayaking tour on our own. Although we did not see many fish from the kayak, we still enjoyed the experience, and the club is actually quite lovely. I was a bit worried at first when the taxi driver dropped us off, but it was very nice, quiet, and offered excellent services (good food, open bar, etc.). I would highly recommend either of these on-your-own excursions for this trip. We had a great time both days.

Archived