Jewel of the Seas

Haven't done this cruise but that itinerary on that ship has to be a win win situation!!! Really want to do that one. Once hubby retires that's the first one we are doing!! Have fun and happy cruising!!:)

We are off to Scandinavia and Russia in August. We will be traveling on the Jewel of the Seas. Has anyone done this cruise and can you give us the heads up? There will be 30 of us going. We are very excited.

Had a wonderful time on the Baltics cruise a couple of years ago. The one thing that will help you more than anything else..........is to line yourselves up with an operator in St. Petersburg.

We used Denrus, which we thought were wonderful, and I have heard the same thing about a company called Red October. If you do nothing else.....I cannot stress the importance of getting with a company to show you the sights of that city in Russia. You cannot do it on your own.

There are special things to see in each port visited by the Jewel of the Seas.......and every port, save for St. Petersburg can be done without the help of the excurision desk if you so desire.

A quick warning about Norway............a small beer there is......get ready for this....... $10.40 US!! :eek: Plan on better than $100.00 for a lunch for 4, with no liquor...........or head back to the ship for lunch!! Well......it may be a once in a lifetime experience..........so my gut says.....GO for it!!

If we can help with any port excurision...........here is the place to ask!!:)

Rick

Archived