Carnival Spirit Veterans who traveled with kids

Jessinak

I just booked the 7-day southbound Carnival Spirit (departing Whittier Sept 3) and have a few questions for those of you who made this trip this year. I will be traveling with my 4-year old daughter.

1) What are the Kids Club hours on sea days? What about port days?

2) Are there any excursions that seemed particularly kid appropriate? By personality my daughter is not one for a 2 mile (or more) hike -- she would end up begging me to carry her for some portion of it.

3) Was the enclosed pool open during the day? I read that it is heated, but some threads have suggested all pools were closed for the entire trip.

Any other advice or thoughts would be appreciated. I live in Anchorage and we have a small boat docked in Seward, so my goal is to spend some quality time with my daughter and relax (another way of saying we've both seen a lot of wildlife and don't intend to pay for whale watching excursions when we've spend the summer doing that.)

Thanks very much.

We cruised with my 12 y/o niece. She did not participate in any of the childrens activities at all. In fact, we saw very few children on the ship. We were in the buffet one afternoon and saw two Camp Carnival counselors with a group of about 6 children your daughter's age. We were docked at the time. The main pool was covered, heated and opened the entire time. Mostly kids taking advantage of it. My impression was that the few children who were onboard stayed close to their families. HTH.

I just booked the 7-day southbound Carnival Spirit (departing Whittier Sept 3) and have a few questions for those of you who made this trip this year. I will be traveling with my 4-year old daughter.

2) Are there any excursions that seemed particularly kid appropriate? By personality my daughter is not one for a 2 mile (or more) hike -- she would end up begging me to carry her for some portion of it.

3) Was the enclosed pool open during the day? I read that it is heated, but some threads have suggested all pools were closed for the entire trip.

Any other advice or thoughts would be appreciated. I live in Anchorage and we have a small boat docked in Seward, so my goal is to spend some quality time with my daughter and relax (another way of saying we've both seen a lot of wildlife and don't intend to pay for whale watching excursions when we've spend the summer doing that.)

Thanks very much.

The indoor heated pool was open (during the day) every time we went by it. Unlike lovesublime, we saw lots of kids hanging out together - younger kids were swimming and teens were hanging out. I don't know if they all arrived together but there was probably 10 in each group (and the make-up of the groups changed from day to day). I didn't see a lot of kids as young as 4 in a group, most of them seemed to be with their parents.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much.

We will be disembarking when you will be embarking, lol. Our three kids will be with us also and I will post from onboard. Since you are from Anchorage here is a ? for you. What the heck are you packing to wear?? So far, I am bringing Uggs and shorts!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are on the same cruise but we don't have kids but maybe she would like the "duck tour" in ketchikan with the amphibious bus/boat it just sounded like something a younger kid might like but I don't know if it's too much lectre for her to sit through...it might be fun. When we went on the Spirit last September to glacier bay, the indoor pools were open all the time. Hope this helps.

We just returned from the Spirit last week. My 8 yr old daughter tired to do some of the camp carnival activities, but, they were way to boring for her. coloring tshirts, playing video games, watching T.V. I habve the schedule for the older kids, and it looks like the kids room never closes while we are in port. As far as the pool goes, yes it is heated, and it was open unless the seas were really rough. We did the gold panning & salmon bake with the kids, and they loved it. We also did the mushers camp, and the kids get to play with the puppies, and take a short ride on the wheeled cart.

I hope you enjoy your trip !!!!

Archived