Recommedation of hotel in galveston with free cruise parking

adamscot

Susan...I tried to book there (going on Voyager of Seas 12/14/08)...was told it was a 2-nite stay only..got a price of $125/nite but it's nice for the convenience of being right there at the port.

Dottie

is this for HH, did you know they are not open until early 2009?

We had reservations for Dec 27th prior to our Voyager cruise at Harbor House. In checking online there was a message stating that Harbor House would be closed until early 2009.

http://www.harborhousepier21.com/

The phone numbers listed do not work and if you send a message to the email address it is not deliverable.

What I did was to call Wyndam Hotels at 1-800-996-3426 and they informed my that my reservation was cancelled. They mentioned that Hotel Galvez is available for December but that Tremont is not yet taking reservations.

Harbor House and The Tremont will not be opened in time for your cruise. Downtown still has no electricity and the buildings are still being cleaned. There is nothing open at the present time. Though we hope some will open soon. The downtown area had from 8 to 12 feet of water, depending on the raised height of the building.

The Galveston Historical Foundation will still have Dickens on the Strand the first weekend in December, but at shortened hours (10-6).

Check with Galveston.com as they have a list of hotels and restaurants that have opened.

Archived