driving from Warnemunde to Luceck and Schwerin?

I received a voicemail from Hertz that my request for a car on a Saturday was denied. I will need to get back to them to see what they mean. This seems to be more complicated that I anticipated. Should I just assume if I call the office in Rostock that someone there will speak English? I wish I spoke German!

I received a voicemail from Hertz that my request for a car on a Saturday was denied. I will need to get back to them to see what they mean. This seems to be more complicated that I anticipated. Should I just assume if I call the office in Rostock that someone there will speak English? I wish I spoke German!

You can call and speak English.

You may also send an E-Mail. Address see above postings.

Regards,

HeinBloed

You can call and speak English.

You may also send an E-Mail. Address see above rst61 (at) hertz-miera dot de

Regards,

HeinBloed

Is this the email address that I should use:

rst61@hertz.miera.de? Can I book my car using it or is it just for inquiries? HeinBloed: If you were not as gracious as you are and patient, I would probably want to give up!

Can I book my car using it or is it just for inquiries?

You may use it for both but you get only quotations in EUR. If you want fixed US-Rates you must book via internet.

I would ask them first what's going wrong and how they can solve the problem.

Otherwise we can chack two further options.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks HeinBloed for all your help. We are renting a car based on all your information you have so kindly given. We will try and get in as many sites as time will allow. We shall let you know how it goes. Thanks again.:D

I am still having a few difficulties trying to reserve a car with Hertz. The email that I sent has not been delivered. At first I thought they were just not responding but now I keep getting a message that delivery is delayed. So I decided to use the internet to reserve. I am going to assume that the reservation is in order and that I will have a car when we arrive. I htought I would get an email confirmation but have not. I did not have an option to reserve a GPS so I will call Hertz tomorrow to see what they can do to get us one that is in English and at that time check my reservation. Any other suggestions for me to know that I will actually be able to experience the German countryside and the towns that I have been reading about? I also am looking forward to seeing if driving in this area is like driving in Maine--except there are no autobahns in Maine!

I am still having a few difficulties trying to reserve a car with Hertz. The email that I sent has not been delivered. At first I thought they were just not responding but now I keep getting a message that delivery is delayed. So I decided to use the internet to reserve. I am going to assume that the reservation is in order and that I will have a car when we arrive. I htought I would get an email confirmation but have not. I did not have an option to reserve a GPS so I will call Hertz tomorrow to see what they can do to get us one that is in English and at that time check my reservation. Any other suggestions for me to know that I will actually be able to experience the German countryside and the towns that I have been reading about? I also am looking forward to seeing if driving in this area is like driving in Maine--except there are no autobahns in Maine!

If there are still difficulties after you tried it yourself to reach them forward to me the booking confirmation:

cruisecritic (at) nickname-onboard dot de

(Replace nickname by nickname used in this forum).

Their address is rst61 (at) rentalcompany-miera dot de

(Replace rentalcompany by the rental company's name).

Be sure all others got meanwhile a response. Some with my help - some without my help. Do not forget: Warnemünde is East-Germany - former Communism country. So not everything what you expect from Western Countries is same standard. But I experience also if I am writing Hertz in New York or Miami that I do not get attention either unless I call them by myself.

I experienced last week same rule in California as well:

slow traffic should keep left!

Regards,

HeinBloed

Oh - no!!! I hate it if someone decode my e-mail-adress to open the access to spam-scanners...

It's not a public riddle!!!

You have two options:

you trust an agent in an US-call-center of HERTZ who has never been in Warnemünde and believe what they are saying about return of the car

or

you trust me who has double checked with HERTZ in Rostock that their kiosk is open as long as a ship is in port. Even on Saturday and Sunday.

Sorry folk: as soon as I get the first spam via the e-mail-adress I will close it for further contact.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Oh - no!!! I hate it if someone decode my e-mail-adress to open the access to spam-scanners...

It's not a public riddle!!!

You have two options:

you trust an agent in an US-call-center of HERTZ who has never been in Warnemünde and believe what they are saying about return of the car

or

you trust me who has double checked with HERTZ in Rostock that their kiosk is open as long as a ship is in port. Even on Saturday and Sunday.

Sorry folk: as soon as I get the first spam via the e-mail-adress I will close it for further contact.

I am so sorry, HeinBloed I guess I misunderstood when you posted the address I thought it would be ok to use it. I will certainly not do that. hope you will forgive me my error.

As for who to trust, that is easy. When you talk about Hertz in Rostock are you using Rostock and Warnemunde interchangeably and are referring to the office by the port?

Regards,

HeinBloed

I am so sorry, HeinBloed. I guess I misunderstood when you posted the address I thought it would be ok to use it. I will cetainly not do that. I hope that you will forgive me my error.

As for who to trust, that is easy. When you talk about Hertz in Rostock, are you using Rostock and Warnemunds interchangeably and are referring to the office by the port? I imagine this is all very simple but I just want to be sure.

I am so sorry, HeinBloed. I guess I misunderstood when you posted the address I thought it would be ok to use it. I will cetainly not do that. I hope that you will forgive me my error.

As for who to trust, that is easy. When you talk about Hertz in Rostock, are you using Rostock and Warnemunds interchangeably and are referring to the office by the port? I imagine this is all very simple but I just want to be sure.

Warnemünde is part of Rostock like Manhattan is part of New York City.

The location of HERTZ rental station is Rostock, St. Petersburger Straße but the cruise terminal is in Warnemünde.

The location is closed during the weekend but the car rental kiosk in Warnemünde is open as long as there is a ship.

You can use my address in an e-mail programme for personal support but not to publish here in the forum so every e-mail-scan-programme can scan it and send automatic spams!

Regards,

HeinBloed

I would also like to have the directions Lubeck and Schwerin, using HeinBloed's excellent instructions. For some reason I'm unable to open the link. Thank you for all the wonderful help.

I would also like to have the directions Lubeck and Schwerin, using HeinBloed's excellent instructions. For some reason I'm unable to open the link. Thank you for all the wonderful help.

too much traffic. I bought new traffic. Should work again.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Dear Heinbloed-

Here I am again with no success in dealing with Hertz. They insist that the car cannot be delivered to Warnemunde because it is a Saturday. I have a confirmed reservation for St. Petersburger but would like a guarantee that when I get off the ship, there will be a car waiting close to the pier. We leave on Sunday for Europe so have to get this settled quickly. I am more than frustrated dealing with Hertz who seem totally clueless and not very helpful. In case this will not work for us, where is St. Petersburger? Is it within reasonable walking distance or a short taxi ride and easy to find? I appreciate your patience--you soon will be rid of me!

Dear Heinbloed-

Here I am again with no success in dealing with Hertz. They insist that the car cannot be delivered to Warnemunde because it is a Saturday. I have a confirmed reservation for St. Petersburger but would like a guarantee that when I get off the ship, there will be a car waiting close to the pier. We leave on Sunday for Europe so have to get this settled quickly. I am more than frustrated dealing with Hertz who seem totally clueless and not very helpful. In case this will not work for us, where is St. Petersburger? Is it within reasonable walking distance or a short taxi ride and easy to find? I appreciate your patience--you soon will be rid of me!

Did you discuss with HERTZ the US

or with HERTZ in Rostock St. Petersburger Straße???

So if you want to make sure:

call them yourself:

011-49-381-7699653

They are open 07.00 hrs - 18.00 hrs

but tomorrow is Saturday 08.00 hrs - 12.00 hrs,

i.e. 02.00 am EDT - 06.00 am EDT // 11.00 pm PDT - 03.00 am PDT

So depending where you are living:

make some coffee or set your alarm.

SO PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER ME

IF YOU DISCUSS THE OPENING TIMES AND DELIVERY POSSIBILITIES WITH ANY US-AGENTS AND MAKE YOURSELF AND ME MAD!

HOW SHOULD AN US-PHONE-AGENT KNOW THE SPECIAL REGULATIONS FOR CRUISERS HERE IN GERMANY???

OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT TRUST ME - SO CALL YOURSELF HERTZ IN ROSTOCK.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Archived