car rental drop off at Miami port?

katbid10

Does anyone know of a car rental company that allows you to drop the car at the port? I planned on renting a car at the airport for the day before the cruise and would like to just be able to drive it to the port in the morning and drop it.

For security reasons there are no car rental drop-offs at the port. You can't pick up a car rental at the port either. 5 minutes from the port in downtown Miami both Avis & Hertz have locations.

Thrifty allows you to drop off at their off-airport location (near airport) and shuttles you to the port for free- it took about 12 minutes to get there and they dropped us right in front of our ship. We stopped at one other ship first so the time could vary depending on which ship you are taking.

Not sure about Hertz, I've only used Avis. They don't shuttle but cabs are plentiful and the fares only $10.

What is the drop off point then, downtown Miami, or the airport?

What is the drop off point then, downtown Miami, or the airport?

I always drop it off at the downtown location then hop a cab to the port. Can't be bothered with waiting for a shuttle, stopping at every terminal, waiting for the driver to load and unload luggage etc. Cabs quick, cheap and easy.

Avia Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM;

Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM;

Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

I always drop it off at the downtown location then hop a cab to the port. Can't be bothered with waiting for a shuttle, stopping at every terminal, waiting for the driver to load and unload luggage etc. Cabs quick, cheap and easy.

Avia Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM;

Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM;

Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

Thanks for the advice!!

Archived