Cabo water taxi and child?

decoste45

I have also posted this in the Family Cruise board but wanted to check with everyone here as well...

We are going to the Mexican Riviera in October and would like to go to the beaches at each port. We will be travelling with a 16 month old. I am wondering how hard it will be to take the water taxi in Cabo to Mandano beach? I understand that you have to jump into the water from the taxi. So, will hubby and I be able to hand off our little guy easily, or is this a bad idea? We will most likely also have a backpack and a small stroller with us.

If this isn't a good idea, can anyone suggest other beaches that we could go to? We like a beach that has either shade from palm trees or chairs with umbrella's to rent, food and drink.

Thanks everyone.

I agree. You just never know how rough the water will be. The land taxi to Medeno is $10 which ends up about the same as the water taxi would be. They will drop you off on the road near the Office and the Mango Deck and then you can just walk down the beach until you see a spot that looks good.

There is no real advantage to using the water taxi's in your situation. I would follow the other's advice and just use a land cab to get to Medano Beach.

You could however, use a water taxi/glass bottom boat from the tender pier area out for a short tour to the arch, Lovers Beach, etc. Your toddler would also get to see the sea lion colony that way. It would return you to the tender pier area where you could then catch a regular cab to Medano Beach.

It will still be pretty hot in Cabo in October so make sure the stroller has a shade canopy or bring a rain umbrella to keep the sun blocked.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I appreciate it!

Also - thanks Darrell and Holly for your advice. That tour of the coast sounds great!

We have been to the Caribbean a few times but this is our first trip to Mexico. I guess we need to do much more research on the ports, as I didn't know about the sea lion colony. That sounds like something I would enjoy seeing.

Thanks all and Hapy Cruising!

Shawn and Karmen

Archived