Arrive late in port

We were just informed instead of going to Costa Maya we will be going to Grand Cayman on our Disney cruise in late October.

We arrive at 11am and leave at 4:30pm. Most of the tours leave earlier than that and the ones that leave later get us back really close to when we depart. Too close for comfort :eek: I could book direct with the cruise line, but they are so much more expensive.

My daughter is 6 years old and my husband is not a strong swimmer. We have two stops at Disney's Castaway Cay so we could do the stingrays there. My husband and I have been to the Caymans on a prior cruise so we have seen the stingrays - pesonally thought the stingrays in Belize were WAY better. So, I don't want to pay more money for something I have already seen.

Anyone have any advice on sitting on 7 mile beach all day, or suggest a nicer beach that would be calm for the weaker swimmers, maybe nice easy snorkling?

My other thought was a Sea-trek Helmet dive excursion for my husband. He did it in Cozumel and it was the highlight of his trip! Is there one offered in the Caymans?

When researching our last cruise I came across an excursion for an underwater scooter thing. It had a helmet like the Sea-trek but you just sat on this scooter and "drove" around. I can't remember what it was called or where it was offered. Anyone ever done anything like that?

Thanks for all the advice!

Holly

I only wish Seven-Mile-Beach was that calm all the time. :( You are coming in October and the weather can kick up, when there's surf it's no place for anyone who isn't a strong swimmer.

Sea Trek do the helmet dive over here and have a long list of very happy customers so I'd recommend them. They also use a nice site with loads of fish.

Sadly, we don't have the scooters yet.

As far as the tours go, they pick up from the dock all day so you might just be able to step ashore and step on one that fits your schedule.

Archived