Marco-Pierre White

miken

Is it worth booking for this restaurant as we are Vegies but would eat Salmon and certain other fish.

Anyone know where I could view the menu in advance.

Thanks

Good question!

I go on about 6 or so cruise chat sites, I'll have a look around for you.

I have copies of a main restaurant menu, Orchid and Arcadian Rhodes, but not MPW. Ofcourse there are bound to be vegetarian options + fish, but not sure what. Perhaps wait until embarkation afternoon, go to restaurant and check out the menu then? On Arcadian Rhodes they have a set menu A and B which rotates every 4 days, presume MPW will be the same. It will be displayed outside the restaurant.

August.

Reading other sites it looks like it would not offer me much of a food experience, just a slightly more up-market ambiance experience.

Think the wife would rather spend more in the shop.

''The White Room does a lovely starter of Scallops in a truffle sauce and a nice main course of either Red Mullet or a Spaghetti Lobster. So if you like fish then you will enjoy those. Whether any of it is worth a supplement of £20 per person however is something for you to decide.''

''One starter was a blue cheese salad (very tasty) & mains were lobster spaghetti and Barramundi on citrus fruit ''

Well, whatever turns you on I suppose, I'd rather try a Marco meal, and have a nice private table for 2 as a change from dining on a table for 8 one night, than buy a Ventura sweatshirt or teddy bear;)

We travelled on the maiden voyage and absolutely loved the whole thing. We dined in The White Room and agree that the service and ambiance were superb but the food was nothing outstanding and would give it a miss in the future. The fault may lie with us as we weren't familiar with Marco's style of cuisine and had thoroughly enjoyed Arcadian Rhodes which was more to our tastes. At the end of rhe day sometimes you've just got to give these things a go. Have a fantastic cruise!

I was really looking forward to going to the White Room but I have just been watching Marco on the tv and now I'm not so sure. I did not fancy any of the starters he presented as best of British. If we prebook to be sure we can get a table at this restaurant but we then decide when we get onboard that we don't like the look of the menu will we be able to cancel and get a refund? I think the lobster spagetti is his speciality, but what else is offered, a sample menu would be great if anyone has one?

Just watched the programme too, and agree with you.

Yuk, the raw venison did not appeal atall, or the herrings..

I wouldn't bother booking. Why not wait until you are onboard and look at the menus first? From what i've read on the cruise chat sites its not too difficult to get a table anyway...

The only menu examples I have seen before is what I have posted on my last post above from other posts on the net, no doubt someone will display a menu soon, but haven't seen one yet.

To wait could be a good idea, but if we don't can we cancel? We should be getting our shore excursion details soon so it will be interesting to find out how much White's will cost.

Hi everybody,

Found this MPW Menu on another board, hope it helps everybody,

17 Ventura White Room a la carte 1 6/3/08 16:50 Page 1

“A recipe is one thing but method

is another. It's about understanding

and questioning what you are

trying to do. I've always done that”.

Marco Pierre White

Primi

Ravioli di Cappesante

Ravioli of Scallop’s with Porcini Mushrooms, Parsley and Garlic

Asparagi Freschi con Vinaigrette al Tartufo (V)

Fresh Asparagus with Truffle Vinaigrette Sauce

Salumi Misti della Toscana

Selection of Imported Italian Artisan Meats and Sausages with

Crispy Italian Bread

Cappuccino di Funghi Selvatici con Cerfoglio (V)

Cream of Wild Mushroom with Chervil

Mariniere di Cozze e Vongole con Basilico

Mussel’s and Clams cooked in White Wine and Garlic finished

with Basil

Prosciutto San Daniele e Fichi

San Daniele Prosciutto Ham with Fresh Figs

MPW D1

17 Ventura White Room a la carte 1 6/3/08 16:50 Page 2

Secondi

Costata di Bue Aberdeen Angus alla Romana MPW

Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Snails in Garlic Butter and Roasting Juices

Spaghetti all’Aragosta stile Americano MPW

Spaghetti of Lobster Americano

Risotto alla Milanese con Ragú di Ossobuco di Vitello

A classic dish, of Risotto with Braised Veal Shank. Also available as

a Vegetarian option

Spigola Selvatica con Salsa Vierge

Fillet of Wild Sea Bass with Vierge Sauce

Pancia di Maiale Arrosto al Miele, Salsa di Mele, Sughi di

Cottura

Honey Roast belly of Gloucester Old Spot Pork, Apple Sauce and

Roasting Juices with Butter Beans

Cotoletta di Vitello Arrosto con Funghi Porcini e Sughi di Cottura

Roasted Veal Chop with Porcini Mushrooms and Pan Juices

Dolci

Torta del Giorno

Cake of the Day

Panna Cotta alla Vaniglia, Fragole affogate al Prosecco

Vanilla Panna Cotta with Prosecco soaked Strawberries

Tiramisu

Chocolate, Coffee and Mascarpone layered with Sponge Finger soaked

in Liqueur

Gramolata di Caffé

Iced Coffee Dessert

Gelato al Torrone con Salsa di Cioccolato Caldo

Iced Parfait of Nougtine with Hot Chocolate Sauce

Selezione di Formaggi

Plated Selection of British and Italian Cheeses, with Homemade

Biscuits and Breads

Caffé e Cioccolatini

Coffee and chocolates

MPW D1

St Lucia, did you see my post on our roll call about the price rises for the gift certificate for MPW from 24/10/08.

Nancy

Thank you for the info Nancy, there are a few dishes there I would fancy. Yes, I did see your post about the price rises. Typical for this to be just in time for our cruise! I'm really looking forward to receiving the shore excursion info so that we can start serious planning.

Yes merecat, I would like to eat food prepared by one of the most respected chefs in the world but I would have to go to the Yew Tree for that rather than Ventura.

St Lucia:

I have had two very poor meals at The Yew Tree at Highclere.

Why did we go twice?

The second time we were taken out by some friends and they did not tell us where we were going!

~~~

The standard is higher in The White Room.

~~~

If you are in this area go to the far superior (culinary and service wise) Vineyard at Stockcross (a few miles to the North of Highclere).

Unlike MPW, John Campbell is still a chef and is one of the finest in the country.

St Lucia:

I have had two very poor meals at The Yew Tree at Highclere.

Why did we go twice?

The second time we were taken out by some friends and they did not tell us where we were going!

~~~

The standard is higher in The White Room.

~~~

If you are in this area go to the far superior (culinary and service wise) Vineyard at Stockcross (a few miles to the North of Highclere).

Unlike MPW, John Campbell is still a chef and is one of the finest in the country.

I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the White Room. As we live in Nottinghamshire we will unfortunately not have the opportunity of visiting either the Yew Tree or the other restaurant you recommend. Food is often a matter of personal preference. We recently visited a local restaurant and the people we were with thought the food wonderful, whereas although it was well presented we thought it disappointing.

Did you visit East?

BUT, unlike some other/most celebrity chefs MPW has 3 Michelin stars... can't be that bad?

True Derek, should of said he has achieved 3 Michelin stars in his career - no other celebrity 'cruise ship chef' has managed this I believe....?

but he is a scruffy man!

Just watched MPW onh his tv show, he is a scruffy man.. tonight encouragihng people to sniff their fruit before buying in Morrisons -yuk! he put his nostril right on a apple to sniff it, and put if back!!! talk about germ spreading!! Last week he did the classic, taste a sauce then put the spoon back in the sauce -filthy! put me right off the White room -lol

Tonight he shot grey squirrels, and stole gulls eggs to boil and serve with mayo ..... ummmm not impressed...

• 4 months later...

Just read M.P.W. autobiography. I must say its a compelling story going from a council estate to becomeing the first British chef to win 3 Michelin stars. It is highly readable and gives an insight into what it takes to get to the top of the Michelin tree. If anybody is holidaying on the Ventura I can recommend the White Room, his signature dish the Lobster Americano is to die for.

Archived