Which cruise lines don't charge for kids?

Jen516

The only ones I know of is NCL, which is why we just booked a cruise with them. I can't see spending $599 for a 1 year old who can't even enjoy most of the onboard activities.

When I was shopping, it looked like HAL wasn't charging for infants either. They've also been running a lot of $199 third passanger specials. I've found RCI, Carnival, and Princess to offer no discount for infants.

NCL is only charging taxes and port fees for our 1 yr old (about $200 for a 9-nt cruise)

But is that because they do not have any children's programs for little ones? We have a 9 month old and want to cruise when he is 1 yr or so. Seems I recall researching it and NCL did not even have group babysitting. And the hubby and I would love to have just one or two date nights while on board.

Does anyone know if NCL has any care for infants 2 and under?

TIA

But is that because they do not have any children's programs for little ones? We have a 9 month old and want to cruise when he is 1 yr or so. Seems I recall researching it and NCL did not even have group babysitting. And the hubby and I would love to have just one or two date nights while on board.

Does anyone know if NCL has any care for infants 2 and under?

TIA

I don't believe they do; at least I didn't recall seeing anything of the sort when we traveled on them in December. It's worth calling and asking about however.

As a side note, Costa also offers free infant travel (just port taxes) on most cruises (not just Caribbean.) However, they don't have any sort of babysitting/child care for under 2s.

Costa- They offer kids sail free at different times through out the year. You have to just keep checking with them. You can sail at peak times!!! We sailed spring break three years in a row with kids sail free.

NCL- They were running kids sail free on the SKY for it's new 3 and 4 day sailings. I believe it was July-October but can't say for sure.

MSC- Kids sail free all year around.

There may be more but these are the ones I have personal experience with.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to know about the other cruise lines that offer a discount.

I am going to cruise this Christmas on MSC with my three girls and we got a phenominal price for it. No other cruise line could touch it.

I am already looking for next year's cruise.

We have always gone on HAL with our daughter (16 months) and have 2 more booked. Looked into MSC for 09 Caribbean because of the kids sail free thing, but our TA couldn't recommend them so we decided to stick with HAL. We are doing a 3 day in Sept. and the 3rd person fare was $0 + port taxes and fuel surcharge. On our upcoming 10 day in Feb. she cost $180 + taxes and fuel surcharge. HAL has no organized kids program for under 3, but the kids area is open to them as long as a parent stays with them. We have done NCL before and were not interested in sailing with them again. Princess, RCI and X were charging full 3rd person fares for a baby.

Great to know about the other cruise lines that offer a discount.

I am going to cruise this Christmas on MSC with my three girls and we got a phenominal price for it. No other cruise line could touch it.

I am already looking for next year's cruise.

We did a family cruise on the Lirica in 06 and my grandsons had a ball. They were absolutely amazed with the ship and activities for the kids. They were 7 and 9 at the time. They were very impressed with the dinner services and the food.

We are going on the MSC Orchestra in Jan. 09 and then doing a big family cruise on the MSC Poesia in Dec. 09.

We are really getting excited for both of the cruises and the grandkids (all 11) are getting very excited about the cruise.

Hope you have a great time on the Lirica. They have a lot for the kids for Christmas with caroling and the Christmas day festivities.

Gerry

The December 20, 09 cruise is the one that I am looking into as well. We are going for Christmas on the Lirica this year and I have plans to book the Poesia for Christmas next year.

Congrats on your 30th Anniversary. My 20th is next June and I have a surprise cruise to Alaska planned for my DH and myslf in September. Don't know if he will go, hates the thought of cruises!!

Archived