Grand Anytime Dining/Which Restaurant?

Chesie

Hi everyone,

We will be sailing on our first Princess Cruise in October on the Grand.

Regarding Anytime Dining.... Does anyone find one restaurant less busier than the other? Service?

Any light that can be shed would be great appreciated!!

Chesie

Hi Chesie!

My DH and I were onboard the Grand at Christmas last year. We did anytime dining. We went to the Lower anytime dining room- I think it is the Leonardo? I can't remember for sure. What we did was look to see if there was a line at the upper dining room- there always seemed to be one, so we went down a floor and no line. We walked up to the MD and asked if there was an opening- we were fine with sharing a table and we never had to wait. We even got our own table for two on Chirstmas day! We didn't request one, we just happened to get it.

We always had nice service. The MD was always nice to us- we were more than happy with where ever we were placed. We tend to dine a bit early- like 5:30/6:00 Though we were there after 6:30 and didn't have a problem either. I was surprised since we were on a FULL Christmas cruise.

Hope that helped!

Gabrielle

Anytime dining rooms are either -

Da Vinci Dining Room which is on the Fiesta

and Michelangelo Dining Room on the Plaza Deck

If your looking for a dining with less crowds - quieter room - go with Michelangelo's.

You are correct Chesie! My memory failed me! We ate breakfast in in the Leonardo a few times... Must have been where I got mixed up! Yes, we ate every night in the Michelangelo- It was less crowded.

Sandytoes was 100% correct!

Have a great trip! I'm sure you will!

Gabrielle

I agree with the other posters. I was just on the Grand last month and the Michaelangelo dining room on Plaza deck consistently had a shorter line than the DaVinci did. Now if they would only replace the arrogant buzzard who seats you with someone else it would be perfect!

Archived