Dawn Beach still good?

clark92fs

My wife and I went to Dawn beach years ago when they were just starting to build the Westin on the south end of the beach. It was fantastic and not very crowded at all. We'll be stopping in St. Maarten on our cruise next month and I've recently read a lot of negative press about the Westin (environmental construction issues, asthetic issues, beach overcrowding). Has anyone been there recently that could comment? We are just looking to lay on the beach by Mr. Busby's. Is it still good for that? Thanks.

ABSOLUTELY!

It's our second favorite beach on the island. Photos here.

We were there last October and again in January. The Westin is so far away that you won't notice it.

There is new condo construction directly adjacent to Mr. Busby's, but it must be nearly completed, as it didn't bother us at all.

gary

Gary...your photos are beautiful! We are thinking of going to Dawn Beach with our kids and parents in a few weeks. What does OBBR stand for in your photos? Just want to make sure we take a taxi to the right place. The umbrellas and chairs are for rent? Also, are there restrooms?

Thanks so much!

Archived