If at first you don't succeed,.........................

cod

Hi all,

Couldn't stand the waiting so I finally called and spoke with another PVP. She was very nice. She confirmed that there is now a resident discount rate for our cabins which saved us almost $400. Since we are so close to cruising they gave us an OBC for each cabin. Thank you all for your help! I can't believe we are cruising in about a month!:)

Smudge49, that is great news!! I'm happy it all worked out. So much for waiting for your original pvp...it turned out not to matter. Good!

To funinthesun, there's lots of ways to book a cruise. You can go to a local travel agency, or book directly with a cruiseline or use one of a multitude of online websites. Some websites offer incentives to book with them...I've seen free insurance, or - on occasion - prepaid gratuities or, like in my case, a prepaid cc for a small amount to be mailed to me AFTER our cruise. Usually the actual cruise price is the same amongst all but sometimes not. We are going on the NCL in December and I found a site that advertises having the lowest NCL prices. They did. They beat everyone elses price by about $120...for the same inside category and including everything.

It's against cruisecritic rules to name particular sites on these boards. But just search under, like, 'cruise sales' and you'll find lots of them.

Thanks cod...I have to say my original PVP returned my call tonight saying he had been off yesterday. However, I guess it doesn't matter who or when you call. Any PVP can help! Thanks again for your suggestions. It really prompted me to make my call.

Archived