Friends Want to Cruise -- Cunard?

JohnEZ

It all depends on what you like when on vacations.

Royal Caribbean and NCL are certainly the cheapest In all senses of theword, not only money) and most casual cruise lines avaiblable on the market, attracting a clientele who enjoys wearing tee shirts and shorts at all times.

Food is atrocious on both lines, and service could be limited, but the clientele is really the problem sometimes on these lines, with tons or noisy rowdy kids running all around, loud drunk people in bars, people keeping their (cheap) baseball caps glued on their heads in the restaurant, rude to the waitstaff, etc....

Cunard on the contrary emphasizes a touch of elegance which translates in some formal nights, a more elegant ambiance - generally speaking - and a somewhat more sophisticated clientele, more international as well.

If you are the crumpled tee shirts and torn jeans short type, you will be bored to tears with Cunard.

If you have travelled more and enjoy service and a touch of elegance, you will feel awful on NCL or Royal Caribbean.

Decide what you prefer. It is a completely different style.

and go....

I just wanted to thank you all for contributing. I think you've helped make my argument stronger. Now we've just got to see if Cunard will put out an itinerary we like--I think THAT will be the determining factor.

And tmcauban? Regarding cruising style? I haven't traveled far and wide, and while I can fit in with either category you've listed, but I must say I do prefer that touch of elegance. ;)

I just wanted to thank you all for contributing. I think you've helped make my argument stronger. Now we've just got to see if Cunard will put out an itinerary we like--I think THAT will be the determining factor. ...

Good Luck, JohnEZ. Remind your friends that the QM2 is more of a destination than a conveyance. And stress the space per passenger.

Guest Anorak33
It all depends on what you like when on vacations.

Royal Caribbean and NCL are certainly the cheapest In all senses of theword, not only money) and most casual cruise lines avaiblable on the market, attracting a clientele who enjoys wearing tee shirts and shorts at all times.

Food is atrocious on both lines, and service could be limited, but the clientele is really the problem sometimes on these lines, with tons or noisy rowdy kids running all around, loud drunk people in bars, people keeping their (cheap) baseball caps glued on their heads in the restaurant, rude to the waitstaff, etc....

Cunard on the contrary emphasizes a touch of elegance which translates in some formal nights, a more elegant ambiance - generally speaking - and a somewhat more sophisticated clientele, more international as well.

If you are the crumpled tee shirts and torn jeans short type, you will be bored to tears with Cunard.

If you have travelled more and enjoy service and a touch of elegance, you will feel awful on NCL or Royal Caribbean.

Decide what you prefer. It is a completely different style.

and go....

I take issue that food is atrocious on NCL - this year the new menus are great and the presentation excellent even in the main dining rooms.

And in the specialty restaurants the food is superb, better than I had in Queens Grill onQE2 last month, although a more limited selection. The service was also excellent.

I only cruise NCL for longer cruises or transatlantics when there aren't many kids or any rowdy drunken passengers. I am sure that on Caribbean cruises there will be some, I also suspect I already know where most of these passengers will originate from.

Although its optional the optional formal nights on NCL longer cruises have many people in just the same formal wear as on Cunard.

The cost of the suites is so much lower on NCL, and the AB would be excellent for your party, giving totally ( wall and door between you and them) private accomodation for the other folk, not just a curtain or a roll-out but a proper room with a proper bed, its own ensuite shower-room etc.

I cannot comment on Royal Caribbean as I haven't been on there for a few years.

Guest Anorak33
Dulce et decorum est

Pro crunardia mori.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that hurt.

And I got slated by member NomdePlume as tedious when I used a wee bit of modern Scots in another thread!

You guys should go to Iceland together, apparently they have "speak latin" weekends there which are quite popular.

You guys should go to Iceland together, apparently they have "speak latin" weekends there which are quite popular.

Hmmmm, quite a good suggestion that.

I prefer Farmfoods though - a much more elegant class of customer.

J

Dulce et decorum est

Pro crunardia mori.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA that hurt.

I bet it did.

Tell me O Caledonian are we still to use ut + the subjunctive and cum + the ablative or has the government banned them under H & S Regulations?

G.

I bet it did.

Tell me O Caledonian are we still to use ut + the subjunctive and cum + the ablative or has the government banned them under H & S Regulations?

G.

Haven't a clue mate. I can only speak Latin when I'm drunk. Ask me again about 10pm.

Why would he need to wait till 10pm?

J

Head down the toilet.

Unusually, for the purposes of plumbing rather than alcohol-inspired regurgitation. Just spent an hour trying to figure out why the seat wobbles. It turns out it's because I have a fat arse. Another one of life's little mysteries solved.

This isn't off-topic is it?

What's an off-topic?

Oh you Americans (sic) and your infinitely limited vocabulary.

Ping!

An off-topic is:

1/ The act of leaving to harvest soft fruit.

2/ A female American expostulation to the effect that stripping naked to the waist lacks aethetic appeal.

3/ A photographic representation by the feted Hungarian artist, Hugo Ofto (1453 - 147?).

Fwank..........?

Guest Anorak33
And I got slated by member NomdePlume as tedious when I used a wee bit of modern Scots in another thread!

quote]

Still unable to quote correctly, are we? Or is age catching up with you? :p

We????

I am able to quote correctly, whether I choose to do so is quite another matter of course as it might become tedious.

Whether you are able to quote correctly is yet another matter and one which I am not qualified to comment on.

I can't say I have the least interest in any case.

Anyway, enough of this banter, something is apparently happening at 10pm tonight and I don't was to miss it. Bad enough that Dr Who finished last week.

Tempus fugit and all that.

Archived