Booked online - Want OBC

tranquility

I have searced for OBC info in this forum and am so confused. :confused:

We are taking our second Carnival cruise in 3 weeks on the Triumph. Our DD and family booked directly with Carnival and their price has dropped $150. She isn't very assertive and this is her first cruise. I mentioned the OBC and was trying to get details for her.

Would someone explain who she should call and how to effectively phrase her request?

I take it she can call anytime between now and when we leave. Any other info for her?

When our cruise last year went down, I tried calling the PVP assigned to me but she sent me to a different area because I had booked online. Unfortunately, I don't know the number but I'm sure someone here has it!

I wouldn't wait though...I believe prices are updated up to 4x a day so that price drop could very easily go away.

Good luck!!

I have searced for OBC info in this forum and am so confused. :confused:

We are taking our second Carnival cruise in 3 weeks on the Triumph. Our DD and family booked directly with Carnival and their price has dropped $150. She isn't very assertive and this is her first cruise. I mentioned the OBC and was trying to get details for her.

Would someone explain who she should call and how to effectively phrase her request?

I take it she can call anytime between now and when we leave. Any other info for her?

Just call Carnival or your PVP and mention the fact of the price drop and that you would like an OBc (as you have obviously made final payment). They may be hesitant and say they need to check with their supervisor - which is fine. If they don't - just ask to speak to a supervisor.

I did this last year - called PVP -said she would have to check w/supervisor - called me back that day and said it was okay!!! Go for it!

I was lucky enough to have my booking redone at a lower price, and be given an OBC of $100. The very helpful, and friendly Carnival agent advised me that they will send the details of the OBC to the ship via email.

When I check my booking on the Carnival website, all my costings have changed, but there is no record of the OBC. As we have already made final payment, there doesn't appear to be anywhere that I can see that we have paid effectively $100 more than what's on the website, which of course is now the OBC.

Is this normal practice for the OBC? What do we do if the OBC is missing from our account when we embark? The only record of payments will be on my credit card account.

I'm sure it will be ok, but I just like to be prepared.

Thanks and regards

Carnival does not like to give credit after final payment is made. They try and tell you that they don't give credit after final payment, they will try and offer you an upgrade but most of the time the upgrade is no better than what you have. Just press them and they will usually give you some kind of OBC - then keep watching prices to see if they go down.

Have your PVP send you an email stating what the OBC will be and take that email with you on the ship. If you don't have it in writing, the ship can contact your PVP and verify the OBC.

There is no way that I know of to verify what OBC you have until you board the ship.

Have a good trip.

I just found out how to check on you OBC if you have one, go to my reservation and log in - on this list on the far left hit Manage booking and then hit Modify booking - if you have credit, it will show on the last line as credit.

Archived