Deposit Question

2cruisers55

My husband and I are booked on the Conquest 9/20/09 7 day Eastern Caribbean from Galveston. Our son and his family really want to go with us. I know the deposit is $250.00 each, but does that include children ages 5 and 4? That would be $1000.00 just to book! I guess I'm a little disapppointed about this. I mean the cruise is over a year away!

Any suggestions?

I guess it's kinda like buying season tickets for your favorite ball club. You gotta pay up front to insure that you will be able to go. You certainly can procrastinate, but doing so may mean that you miss the game. It's the same when booking a vacation. A deposit is required to insure that your booking is guaranteed. If it makes you feel any better, I had to pay $350 per person deposit for my cruise on Holland America next November. $250 per person is cheap!

First I would talk with a TA maybe there's a deal if the other 2 are in the same cabin as your son and his wife maybe they have some sort of deal after all thats almost the full fare for 3rd and 4th passengers....you did say they were kids right?

Andy

My husband and I are booked on the Conquest. I know the deposit is $250.00 each, but does that include children ages 5 and 4?

Yes it does. Carnival's deposit policy is $250 per person no matter how old the person is. If you can talk to your TA about putting together a group on that sailing, then the deposit will be reduced to $25 initially but only if they do not select a particular cabin.

I appreciate everyones comments. I guess the deposit is cheap in the big picture, but with the cost of living and gas way off the charts I was hoping CCL would have better offerings for the very young ones. The cruise price is obtainable and a good buy. Just getting all 4 of them booked will be difficult. Can you book a cabin for 2 adults with a sleeper couch and add the kids closer to the sail date?

I thought about that earlier having your TA reserve a quad and adding the Kids later....the reason I didn't mention it is because I don't know (the short answer) I would imagine that to put you in a quad or a cabin with a sleeper sofa they would assume you would have 3 or 4, and might have to pony up for 3 or 4 deposits. Like i said I am not sure so I would get your TA to try and the worse they can say is No!:D

Andy

I appreciate everyones comments. I guess the deposit is cheap in the big picture, but with the cost of living and gas way off the charts I was hoping CCL would have better offerings for the very young ones. The cruise price is obtainable and a good buy. Just getting all 4 of them booked will be difficult. Can you book a cabin for 2 adults with a sleeper couch and add the kids closer to the sail date?

I have previously booked quad cabins, initially paying deposits for two adults, then adding the kids later. The risk there, according to my TA, is not being able to add add'l pax past a certain point due to a 'cut-off date' for quad occupancy. In a pinch, it works, but don't wait too long to add the kids. We made the cut-off, as all four of us are sailing in September:) Good luck!

I thought about that earlier having your TA reserve a quad and adding the Kids later....the reason I didn't mention it is because I don't know (the short answer) I would imagine that to put you in a quad or a cabin with a sleeper sofa they would assume you would have 3 or 4, and might have to pony up for 3 or 4 deposits. Like i said I am not sure so I would get your TA to try and the worse they can say is No!:D

Andy

You can make the ressie online, then transfer to a TA and add the kids later. That's how I did it this time:)

If it makes you feel any better, we paid $450 per person deposit when we booked our May 2008 cruise almost a year in advance! There was only two of us - $900 in deposits, but it felt better when we didn't have much to put in for the final payment.

Thank you for your input. I can't wait to see their little faces when we get to the port! The wonder of childhood!

I'm sure you'll be making lifetime memories:D I think I get more excited about cruising than the kids! Bon voyage!

Archived