notice from NCL

dsmini

Press Releases

Hurricane Bertha Update for Norwegian Majesty and Norwegian Dream Guests

Miami - Jul 11, 2008 --- At this time, Hurricane Bertha is forecasted to pass near the island of Bermuda. As always, the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority.

We are closely monitoring the weather situation in Bermuda. Embarkation for Norwegian Majesty (7/12/08) and Norwegian Dream (7/13/08) will continue as scheduled. However, should these weather conditions deteriorate any further, we may be required to modify our itinerary. We will keep guests apprised during the cruise.

we just got back from the 7/5-7/12 sailing of the majesty(trying to get me land legs back). i'm very prone to motion sickness and wasn't bothered once this trip...no medication! seas didn't seem rough coming back but the motion sickness bags were placed in convenient areas. i have to say that we visited the south shore beaches on wed. (7/9) and they were not very fit for swimming. we saw one rescue at horseshoe bay and heard of another full scale rescue later in the day. we saw many families set up camp only to pack up and leave 30 min. later. what a shame. my dh and i started at warwick long bay (a suggestion from another cc member) and worked our way through the nature trails to horseshoe bay. it was something to remember. the high surf was thrilling to watch and listen to (but, again, not swim in) and was one of the high points of our trip. can't wait to go back next may...is it may yet? how 'bout now?

we just got back from the 7/5-7/12 sailing of the majesty(trying to get me land legs back). i'm very prone to motion sickness and wasn't bothered once this trip...no medication! seas didn't seem rough coming back but the motion sickness bags were placed in convenient areas. i have to say that we visited the south shore beaches on wed. (7/9) and they were not very fit for swimming. we saw one rescue at horseshoe bay and heard of another full scale rescue later in the day. we saw many families set up camp only to pack up and leave 30 min. later. what a shame. my dh and i started at warwick long bay (a suggestion from another cc member) and worked our way through the nature trails to horseshoe bay. it was something to remember. the high surf was thrilling to watch and listen to (but, again, not swim in) and was one of the high points of our trip. can't wait to go back next may...is it may yet? how 'bout now?

Did you enjoy the Majesty ????

did we like the majesty? i'm going to try to post a review on the site in a few days. i want some time to gather my thoughts first so that i give a fair review. we had one bad experience onboard and there were so many good things about the trip that it shouldn't overshadow it. so, i'll get the bad thing out of my system (literally) and then share my thoughts.

Archived