NCL GEM Golf on Board???

tvtd4u

Having explored the good ship Gem via the internet, I noted that there are two spots on the deck plans that say "Golf" Are these golf simulators? Or are they a place to get golf information? Or what?

I am an avid golfer, though this cruise I will not be doing any golf excursions, but if there is a simulator on board I would love to spend an hour or two "playing."

Thanks,

Having explored the good ship Gem via the internet, I noted that there are two spots on the deck plans that say "Golf" Are these golf simulators? Or are they a place to get golf information? Or what?

I am an avid golfer, though this cruise I will not be doing any golf excursions, but if there is a simulator on board I would love to spend an hour or two "playing."

Thanks,

I too am a big golfer, so far I have been on the Star and Dawn so I can't speak for the Gem. The two "GOLF" spots on those ships are driving nets. They do have a Pro who holds some clinics and offers lessons for a fee but no simulators on either the Star or Dawn so I'm gonna guess no. But I could be wrong. Where is the Gem going that it doesn't have Golf?

Thanks,

Not a golfer so not sure of the technical term , but those are sort of small putting areas... not a simulator...

I think only Carnival lines (Carnival, HAL, Princess, etc.) offer onboard golf simulation through IAGTO. On the Gem the 2 golf areas are driving cages with nets and a small putting surface.

Great. Nets. Maybe I can just hit a few balls? I'm sure there is golf on this cruise, but since Rome and Florence are two of the "ports" This trip is about good food, good wine and great artists and museums. I will play golf the other 51 weeks of the years.

Great. Nets. Maybe I can just hit a few balls? I'm sure there is golf on this cruise, but since Rome and Florence are two of the "ports" This trip is about good food, good wine and great artists and museums. I will play golf the other 51 weeks of the years.

We did a 12 day Med cruise on the Gem, and I don't recall any golf excursions in the ports you're stopping at. You might be able to make a side trip on your own to the Royal Malta Golf Club. Only 65 Euros!

The last time I swung a club on a cruise was to hit balls off the back of the Sovereign of the Seas. That was when they still had skeet shooting too. :D

Archived