excursions in eastern caribbean thanksgiving week

litig8rij

Greetings!

I haven't cruised in 4 years for i was diagnosed with viral cardiomyopathy (a type of congestive heart disease). On top of that, I developed 2 herniated discs that are pinching a nerve; thus, causing cramping in my left glute, (like a tennis ball) wrapping around to my left quadricept with UGLY spasms & mucho hurt; then my gastroentrology system decided to take a vacation. I am pretty much on an all liquid diet and have lost 80 lbs in 6 months This has been going on for 3 years, ultimately causing my to lose my job (they only give you so much Family Medical Leave). Social Security Disability denied me 3 times, even though when I first entered the ER in 2005, my ejection fraction (how hard my heart is pumping) was a 10 -- I was on my way out and didn't even know it! I've said all that to say this: I've been married 17 years and have known this guy 30 years. We've got 2 boys, Joshua who turned 10 on the 4th of the July and Jayson (Jay's son, get it?) turned 7 on Easter. Over the past 3 years, my husband has done EVERYTHING, from cooking breakfast for those little knuckleheads, ironing their polo shirts for school, helping my older son with his dyslexia homework, teaching my first grader how to read, grocery shopping, cooking, washing dishes and laundry, vacuuming, washing dishes -- you get the picture.

Well, I'm taking him on a cruise to thank him for all he's done, including running the household the 7 times i was admitted in the hospital. I've gotten some flack because I'm doing it the week of Thanksgiving; however, I don't take my kids out of school with their reading disabilities...plus they've known the family they are stay with since the day both of them the were born. Now, the meat of the my message: I'm still kind of ill, but I really want to do this because I found an amazing price and my hubby really deserves it. What kind of excursion can I find that won't wear out my heart but will thrill my husband? And, should I reserve it on the Princess website or does anyone know of any private companies that I should try?

Thank you for your patience!

ileta :p

Norweigian Jazz Cruise '99

Carnival Ecstacy 2004 Christmas Cruise

Crown Princess November 2008

Archived