Bristish Colonial Hilton - Nassau....HELP???

I've read on this board previously that the British Colonial Hilton in Nassau charges $10-20 (I've heard both) a day for the use of their pool/beach area. I e-mailed them to get an actual price and this is what I got in return:

Thank you for the interest shown in the British Colonial Hilton hotel. We can offer a day use room at a rate of $80.00 plus 12% Room toll & levy, $3.75 Maid gratuity per person and $3.50 Energy surcharge per person. This rate can be offer any day except Thursday, Thursday will be at $150.00 plus taxes. Please confirm as soon as possible.

Thanking you in Advance,
Lashonna Dean

Do you think that the day pass is something they don't like to advertise too much...or did she just not understand my original question to her...I originally asked what a day rate would be for the use of her facilities??? I e-mailed her back with a more clearer wording in my question...but it took her a while to get back to me the first time.

Thanks...I really just wanted to enjoy a day a resort....with a pool and beach while in Nassau...this place is just a short walk from the pier. We are leaving next week! Woo Hoo!!!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

We were there on March 25 and walked to the Colonial Hilton. I told the lady at the desk that I was told that they had day passes to use their facilities. At first she said that she didn't think they were doing that anymore, but then she just said okay and charged us $15pp. She gave us the receipt that we then took to the towel hut for towels. There were plenty of chairs on the beach and by the pool. The pool was very nice. They also have very nice bathrooms and a snack bar/restaurant by the pool. Waiters/waitresses offer bar services on the beach. It was very nice and very convenient. The beach was small but more than adequate and you have a great view of the cruise ships. The hotel grounds are beautiful too. Just act like you know what you're talking about when you ask for the pass - good luck!

Thanks for your response...they actually e-mailed me back quickly this time...here is there response:

Thank you for the interest shown in the British Colonial Hilton hotel. My sincere apologies, I assumed you were looking to occupy a bedroom. the charge is $15.00 per adult and half price for children under twelve.

Thanking you in Advance,
Lashonna Dean

I'm so looking forward to a relaxing day on the beach!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

Thanks, PF! We are planning on trying to get a day pass there also. I guess if we don't have any luck, we can go to Paradise Island.

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>
Sailing the Mariner in.......
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Archived