Rental Car from Seward to Anchorage

prit

We will be ending our cruise in Seward and are thinking about renting a car and driving in to Seward. There are four of us. I was wondering if anyone has done this and has any advice? It looks like there is a Hertz there. I was just wondering if there was any safety issues to worry about. Thanks.

Hertz is the only car rental in Seward. Make sure to check on a drop off fee for a 1 way rental to Anchorage. Also with gas at $4.95 a gallon I'd seriously consider the regular passenger train departing Seward at 6pm arriving Anch 10:20pm. It's a very scenic and relaxing ride.

As far as safety driving in Seward..Pedestrians and other vehicles such as RVs will be your biggest hazards. Seward is very small, easy to walk, cheap taxi rides at $6-$8 around town and many places offer free shuttles.

There is lots to do here...feel free to ask me any questions.

I second the train ride. It was a breathtaking ride the whole way!!!

We actually liked having a car in Seward. We didn't have to seek out taxis or shuttles. When we wanted to do something we could and when we were ready to move on to something else, we did.

Archived