internet on the imagination??

Terry305

Hello to all, I have a question, we are sailing in the imagination on sep, do they have like an internet cafe or computers??i need to log in for some things for work, also i do have a laptop with a verison wireless card if i take it will that work???

Thanks

Hello to all, I have a question, we are sailing in the imagination on sep, do they have like an internet cafe or computers??i need to log in for some things for work, also i do have a laptop with a verison wireless card if i take it will that work???

Thanks

Yep... they have both. There's an internet café located directly across from the Atrium Bar and fair connectivity in the cabins. I sailed on her sister ship, the Inspiration, in April and I was able to use my laptop in my cabin and most other locations on board.

Internet access is pretty pricey and fairly slow so if you expect to move large files you can forget about it. It's OK for email and such but casual browsing would be very expensive.

Here's a link to info and pricing:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

Forget you Verizon card. Connect time for cellular communications is extremely expensive and would probably be slower than the on board internet access.

Thanks

There is an internet cafe with computers (and printer) available, and I believe wi-fi is also now available on the Imagination. I used the Internet Cafe on the Miracle a couple of years ago, and the connection speed was VERY slow. It was ok for checking web based e-mail, and I was able to print out my boarding passes for the flight home.

I am not sure if your Verizon wireless card will work.

I'll be on the Imagination at the end of next month. Leaving all work behind this trip - although I am bringing my personal Asus EEE laptop as it much smaller & lighter than my work laptop, and I will be able to keep up on personal mail, and will be able to write my *Live From The Imagination* posts off-line and connect only to post them.

Archived