evening wear

millet47

When is it appropriate to dress up for the evening (suit , long gown ect. ) at dinner or to go dancing. I know NCL is casual but I do want to have that experience once on board. On the Pearl, do you go to Cagney's, the bistro or where. Thanks

If there were one restaurant I would "dress up" for, it would be LeBistro. It's the most romantic restaurant onboard and Cagney's runs a close second as far as romance. We were having dinner one evening at Cagney's, seated right next to one of the large windows and were lucky enough to see one of the most incredible sunsets I've ever seen!

You may want to check the Freestyle Dailies for "dress up or not" evening (it will be indicated) - get your "formal" picture taken and then, if you want to, you can go change into something more casual or stay "dressed up". That's the beauty of freestyle - you're free to do "whatever":) .

if you are looking for somewhere where everyone will be dress as you are, that won't happen. but you won't be the only ones, others do dress up.

a 7day cruise will have 2 "dress up or not" nights. on those nights, especially, you will see everything from dressy jeans /after 5 /formal gowns. there will be photo ops set up for your pleasure, if you wish.

le bistro or cagney's will be good choice, but the dress code will still be resort casual. for dancing, check the daily, the big lounge should have live music, plus you have the disco.

dress up and enjoy, those of us that don't will enjoy seeing your attire:D

As Toyz said, there will not be any nights on an NCL ship where everyone will be dressed up. You may even see people in LeBistro or Cagney's in jeans... they're allowed. That being said, whose cruise is it? YOURS!! Dress how you want and ignore those who are 'dressing to the beat of a different drummer'. :) I LOVE dressing up, so when we cruise, I pack ALL my favourite 'dress-up' clothes and I wear them. Every night I dress for dinner. On the 'dress up or not' evening(s) my husband and daughter follow suit... on all other nights, while I'm feeling spiffy, he's usually in jeans and my daughter ranges from 'appropriately casual' to 'dressy', depending on her mood.

So for me, the bottom line is that I'm darned well getting some use out of my dressy clothes while I can. I don't let other peoples' choices bother me - even sitting at my own table. I know my husband looks forward to his vacation to be able to NOT have to follow a dress code like he does at work every day. I fully expect there are a LOT who feel the same way, and many who choose NCL specifically for the freedom to dress as they choose.

Have fun and dress how you want!! :)

When is it appropriate to dress up for the evening (suit , long gown ect. ) at dinner or to go dancing. I know NCL is casual but I do want to have that experience once on board. On the Pearl, do you go to Cagney's, the bistro or where. Thanks

You can dress to the nines every night, if you so choose. Just don't expect all, or half, or a quarter of everyone else to too. ;)

You're FREE to dress up as much as you like.

Everyone is, whether it is formally or casually.

We dress up on the nights we feel like dressing up and do not dress up on other nights.

Whatever you do, you will be appropriately dressed no matter where you dine. LeBistro is our favorite "intimate" restaurant but other passengers may be in jeans. We do not care what others wear.

The joy of freestyle:)

Archived