Best waverunner stingray city tour?

jessrn76

I've been surfing around this site looking for reviews. I've looked at Ebanks, Island Marketing, Fat Fish, Grand Cayman Cruise excursions.

For those of you that have done a waverunner stingray tour, can you tell me who you booked thru, how long it took, and what all was included. Would you book with them again?

Thanks!!

I've been surfing around this site looking for reviews. I've looked at Ebanks, Island Marketing, Fat Fish, Grand Cayman Cruise excursions.

For those of you that have done a waverunner stingray tour, can you tell me who you booked thru, how long it took, and what all was included. Would you book with them again?

Thanks!!

We just got back from our Legend cruise last Sunday. We booked our Waverunner/Stingray City tour with Island Marketing. It was ok, but not fabulous. We arranged for transportation ($5.00 each way) and met the driver at the Blue Iguana, near Hard Rock Cafe - a short walk from the pier. He was actually a few minutes late but nothing major. It's a good thing - some other people on our tour were late too - they would have missed the ride. He rode us in a semi-air-conditioned van out to the resort where our tour company works from. We met Ian and Craig, our tour guides. They were nice enough guys but not a ton of personality. You could tell this was just another workday for them. They explained some of the safety measures, pulled some extra waverunners out into the water and we were off. The group all decided to do snorkeling instead of Rum Point (bad decision) so Ian gave us each a set of snorkeling equipment. NOTE: There is very little room on the waverunners for extra stuff so only bring the necessities. You have to take your shoes off at Stingray City so be sure you don't have other stuff - there are only two small compartments on the waverunners to keep stuff.

The water was very rough. Ian goes out first, then Craig comes up the rear to keep an eye on the slow riders or in case anyone falls off. Craig offered to take my 10 year old with him, since there would have been 3 of us on one waverunner (me, dh and son). I think it was a good idea - those guys handle the waverunners perfectly.

Stingray City was amazing. Ian brought squid and shrimp for us to feed them with. They swam all around us. I got to hold one - a big female. Ian and Craig were good about helping us. Then we remounted the waverunners and went to a place to snorkel. It was way too choppy and rough. Very hard snorkeling! Then we went back to the resort where we rinsed off and left. The bummer about that was, on the site, it sounded like we could stay at the resort and use their facilities. The driver of the transportation we had arranged pretty much told us to come to the van when we had dried off for the ride back to the pier. Oh well - there wasn't a lot of time anyway, and the resort wasn't that great.

I don't have a lot to complain about, other than the fact that Ian and Craig weren't terribly fun or entertaining. But they were good at what they do, and we were always in good hands.

DillonCollinonwaverunnerGC.jpg.06302b3904c6055ec6ff6ce34e72b89d.jpg

MirQuinnwaverunner.jpg.039d4d3c886afd46b9de33ad6c10b731.jpg

Oh, and it took about 2 hours and 20 minutes from the time we left the beach to the time we got back to it.

It was about $70 each for our 4 teenagers and $60 each for me, my husband and our 10 year old. That included waverunners and snorkeling gear, plus the tour. Also, the resort has bathroom facilities.

We used Ebanks when we were there last fall. They picked us up at the Hard Rock (transportation included in the price of the tour). It was just a short drive to the dock. After a few minutes of "orientation" we were off. One guide and 4 single riders. Once we hit the open ocean, it was full speed ahead to Sting Ray City. Our guide tie the wave runners together and we all got into the water for maybe 15 minutes (when we were ready, we left). After about another 10-15 minutes of full speed riding, we stopped to snorkle. We stayed here for maybe 30-45 minutes (again, it was based on how long the 4 of us wanted to stay). We then boarded the wave runners and were off. The only request was that we kept the guide in sight...run, play and have fun. This lasted another 30-45 minutes I think. (It was my first time on a wave runner and I had a blast jumping waves and running full speed). Seems to me like it was around $100 per rider...don't remember. It really was one of the best tours we have ever done! If you need their contact information, I have it buried here somewhere. :D

Archived