Cyprus 4 X 4

Gritsgal

• 2 weeks later...

We had booked the 4x4 tour offered by RCI, and were just notified that it had been cancelled. They didn't give a reason. I don't know if this is happening with all cruise lines.

Hi Grits. I see you are in Maryland. We are down the road in Woodbridge, VA.

Are you sailing on RCI? We chose their Paphos excursion. They offer several excursions and most of them seemed about the same. The one we are one says we travel through citrus groves and vineyards, go to Aphrodite's Rock, visit a harbor town. We visited the House of Dionysos and the Tomb of Kings. We go to Yeroskipou to view a 10th century Byzantine church and get to taste something called "Loukoumi". And, most importantly------time for shopping in Limanaki.

We are on Lengend of the Seas, which sails out of Rome on August 29.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Hi Katz,

Yes we will be with you on the Legend on the 29th! We leave MD 4 weeks from today....whoohoo!

I just posted a question on the RCL Meet and Mingle board as to what folks are doing to replace the 4 x 4 trip.

We are leaning towards the LM22 which sounds like the one you are doing as well. I need to let our TA know soon....

Sounds like you have been to Cyprus before. What are your impressions of the place? I just can't stand the thought of a day at the waterpark...but I really want to put my feet in the Med. I hope we can get close to Aphrodite's Rock at the beginning of this excursion.

Shopping is good, eh?

Grits

That is neat that you are on the same cruise as us. We are leaving Dulles on August 26, and spending two days in Rome before the cruise.

We haven't been to Cyprus. I was just quoting from RCI's description of the excursion. The waterpark wasn't of interest to us either. I thought about the beach club one, but we really wanted to get out and about since this will probably be the only time we will be in Cyprus.

This is our second Mediterrean cruise. We wanted to go back to visit the Greek Islands, but we are most excited about our camel ride in Egypt.

My e-mail address is: kathyapo@aol.com. if you want to ask any other questions. Isn't this board great!! I have gotten so much valuable information over the few years.

Archived